•~1~•

My name is Melanie and I'm just your normal 29
year old girl with big dreams. The year is 1983. I always dream of moving to the United Kingdom and writing music. I love artists like Queen, The Beatles, Elton John, and I really really love David Bowie. I hope I get to meet him someday. He's literally my idol!

It was 12:00 AM on Monday, October 12th. I woke up yawning, stretching, and taking a deep breath. I was late for work!
"Crap! I'm late!" I said to myself as I jumped out of bed.
I went over to my dresser and grabbed a bra, underwear, and a nice pair of pants and my work shirt. My cat Pickle, licked her paws and sat there innocently while I dressed. I bolted to the kitchen and made some toast.
I threw a pair of black sandals on before leaving my apartment.
"I'll see you later Pickle!" I yelled as I ran out of the door.
I ran down the sidewalk and headed towards the café that I work at. I was running so fast I didn't really know where exactly I was going and anything in my path would be trampled.
I looked down at my feet for a split second and I felt myself run into someone.
"Oh-" a man said.
I looked down to see a man with blonde hair, unique eyes, and a irritated yet handsome look on his face on the ground. I didn't have much time to observe him but, he looked so familiar...
"I'm so sorry!! I must have bumped into you!!" I said with a worried expression on my face.
"That's quite alright" The man said back. He had a strong English accent.
"Here let me help you up!" I reached my hand out for his to help him up.
The man was about 6 foot tall. He had to look down just to meet my eyes.
"I am so sorry again! I'm just really late for work and I was trying to get there as quick as possible!"
"I said it's alright. Don't worry about it" he said with a bright, handsome smile on his face.
"Alright." I said embarrassed. "I have to get to work so I'll see you around!" I ran away as fast as possible before he could even respond.
I was so embarrassed. I ran into an extremely handsome man, he seemed ok with it but I was still not looking where I was going. I hope I didn't ruin his day or make him irritated, I thought.
Next thing I knew, I was at the cafe I work at.
My friend Stacy was already working her shift.
"Hey Stacy!" I said with a grin.
"Hello!" She said looking happy.
"Please don't tell the boss I was late"
"I won't" Stacy said honestly.
Stacy was a white skinned girl with long dark brown hair and green eyes. She was a very skinny woman. She was also way taller than me, probably as tall as the man I ran into earlier.
"So, is there anything exciting that happened over the weekend?!" Stacy said with an excited smile
Well not over the weekend, but definitely this morning.." I said, taking a deep breath.
"Well what was it?! Come on you have to tell me!"
So I told her exactly everything I could remember about the handsome man I had run into this morning.
"I ran away embarrassed but that's kind of it..." I said, ending the story.
"Do you remember anything else about his features?" She said.
"No I can't-"
Suddenly a man walked into the cafe. He sat down at an empty table, waiting to be served.
"Woah is that David Bowie?! Like THE David Bowie?!" Stacy said excitedly.
I looked over to see the same man that I had clashed with this morning. I can't believe I bumped into THE David Bowie and ran away from him. THE MAN HIMSELF!
I blushed, as I was very embarrassed about the incident this morning.
"I can't believe DAVID FREAKING BOWIE is at our restaurant!" Stacy says loudly.
"Shhhh! I have something to tell you that's very important Stacy." I said nervously.
"What is it?"
"I ran into David Bowie."