•~2~•

"Seriously?!!! YOU BUMPED INTO DAVID BOWIE HIMSELF AND YOU DIDN'T RECOGNIZE HIM?!HE IS LITERALLY YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST!" Stacy screamed as it echoed across the quiet dining room.
David looked up from his newspaper and our gazes met. I blushed and he just smiled at me.
"Thanks a lot Stace" I said covering my face.
"I'm just really surprised you didn't recognize him Mel, sorry." She said with a sad look on her face.
"You know what, don't worry about it" I said with a smile on my face.
I started to walk away and Stacy grabbed my arm.
"You know someone has to serve David right?" She said with a mischievous smile.
"Oh my goodness please don't do this to me..." I said disappointed in my friend.
"Only his biggest fan can serve him, Mel. You know it's your job." She said chuckling.
"Ok then..." I said as I walked towards his table.
As I walked to that table, there were so many anxious thoughts running through my head. What if he thinks I'm ugly and dumb? What if he's mad at me for bumping into him this morning? I had so many questions.
"Hello w-welcome t-to M-moon Cafe-" I said, unable to speak clearly without stuttering.
"No need to be nervous around me, please, I'm no God." David said with a warm, welcoming smile.
"O-ok.." I said nervously.
This felt so unreal. How was I, some random 29 year old waitress, talking to THE David Bowie?!
"You know what? Sit right there" He said pointing to the chair across from him.
"You want to eat with me?!" I said blushing and hiding my face.
"Of course, now sit."
Stacy ended up taking our orders and exchanging a couple winks and eyebrow raises at me while I was sitting there.
"Will that be all Mr. Bowie?" Stacy said proudly.
"Yes it will, thank you." He said.
"My pleasure." Stacy said as she walked away.
I was now alone with David Bowie looking right at me.
"So what is your name, it seems you know mine already." David said cheerfully.
"My name is Melanie, you can call me Mel.... if you want that is!" I said anxiously.
"You have such a pretty name! A beautiful name for a beautiful girl" He said, smiling at me.
I blushed a bit but I forced myself to keep eye contact with him.
"Thank you very much." I said politely.
We sat there in silence until Stacy came with our food. I honestly was hungry considering I'd only had that one slice of toast.
We talked and ate and just had normal conversations.. it was so unreal for me because I'd never thought I'd ever be eating brunch with David freaking Bowie.
We were done with our food and I was ready to get back to my work.
"Alright I'm going to get back to work." I said happily.
"W-wait, can I have your number? I want to get to know you and maybe even be friends. You seem so nice."
"Sure! I'd love to talk more!" I said while taking a napkin and writing my number down. I looked at him and gave it to him with a smile.
"Thank you! I can't wait to get to know you. Talk to you later!" He exclaimed.
"Alright talk to you later!"
I went back to work and the rest of the day was pretty normal.
I went back to my apartment and went in my bedroom to rest. I played one of my many David Bowie records, Aladdin Sane, to remind me of the events today.
I was laying there for a good 15 minutes until I hear a phone ring from down the hall.
I knew exactly who it was. I ran down the hall and picked up the phone as fast as I could.
"Hello?"
"Hey there Melanie! I was just calling to ask a question." Spoke a familiar English accent from the other end.
"Oh and what is it?"
"I'd love if you'd go out to breakfast with me tomorrow!"
"Of course" I replied.
"Ok! What's your address?"
"It's *********" I replied.
"Alright! I'll pick you up at 10 AM tomorrow. Talk to you later love!" He said. I could almost hear his smile through the phone.
Love? I thought to myself. We just met and he's calling me love? I've heard him use it before frequently with people he knows but not with ordinary people..
"Talk you you later!"
I hung up the phone and I immediately screamed. I was going to breakfast with David Bowie again and I couldn't control my excitement.

-time skip to the next day-

I woke up at 8:30 and took a shower, got dressed, and did my hair. I also put on some light makeup and then waited until David arrived.
I heard a knock on my door and immediately sprung off of the chair I was sitting in.
I opened the door and standing in front of me was my idol, the person I loved the most in this world, David Bowie.
"Hello there love." David said with a smile.
"Hi David" I said smiling back at him.
"Ready to go?"
"Yes I am"
"Ok let's go."
We got to his car and he opened the door for me. No guy I've ever been somewhere with has ever been so polite. Once I got in he shut my door and got in the driver's seat.
"You're quite the gentleman Bowie." I said with a smile.
"Well I try" he said chuckling.
We got to the restaurant and we got seated. We both ordered and the waiter went to get our food.
"So do you have any aspirations or goals besides staying in that cafe for the rest of your life?" He asked politely.
"Well... if we're talking big aspirations, I've always wanted to move to England and start a music career of some sort. "I replied honestly. But, I have no money to do that kind of thing. I can just make a living and be able to afford bills and such.
"That's too bad" David said with a look of sympathy.
We then talked for a bit before he paid the bill and we left.
We talked and told stories in the car. He told me all about how he experimented with different sounds in the 60s and 70s and how the 80s is his favorite so far. I told him about how the 70s was my favorite era of his.
When I arrived home I said goodbye to David and went inside.
-1 week later-
David and I have been talking for about 1 week now and it's been fun getting to know him. We've gone out for lunch and talked on the phone for hours. I can't get over how fun it is to talk with him. He's such an interesting person!
I was sitting in my bedroom when I suddenly got a call. I got up and went to the living room to answer it.
"Hello again love." said a very familiar English voice.
"Hey there David" I said smiling very wide.
"I have important news but I need to tell you in person. Is there any way we could hang out at your apartment or something?"
I'd never had him at my apartment yet. It was surprising that he asked but I just went with it.
"Of course! You can come right now if you'd like."
Alright! David exclaimed. "I'll be there in 5."
"Alright goodbye"
"Bye love."
I was really nervous to have him at my apartment considering it was not very nice and he's a rich rockstar. He doesn't seem like the judging type so I let it go.
A few minutes passed and I got a ring at my doorbell. I opened the door to see a well dressed David at my door.
"Come in!" I said with a grin.
He came in and sat at my side table in my kitchen.
I have something to tell you that's very important Mel." He said.
"What is it?"
"I'm leaving tomorrow night for my tour." He sighed.
Right when I heard those words, that is when it hit me that he was still touring and that he had to leave. He's a rockstar after all.. he can't stay forever.
"O-oh-"
"But, I have a question."
"What might that be?"
"Would you like to go with me on the rest of my tour and come with me to England?"
I paused for a minute.
I had no clue what to say. I was shaking and my heart was beating really fast. Was I willing to go with someone I just met to England? I really didn't know the answer and somehow I responded with,
"Yes, I'd love to go with you David."