40. Scent

'' You suprised me today emerald,'' Nicholas said

A slow beat was played across the room as I danced hand in hand with the most handsome man ever. He held me close to his chest and placed a soft kiss on my forehead, I closed my eyes and relished his lips on my skin.

'' I surprised myself too,'' I said and twirled around his fingertips.

'' You seemed confident.'' He stated and I looked up to face him.

'' On the inside, I resembled a chicken,'' I replied as Nicholas chuckled

'' chicken eh? '' He stated

'' Nicholas? Why do you not like Flavio? '' I asked him.

'' Who told you I don't like him? '' He questioned me and held my gaze.

'' I just go the vibe,'' I said honestly.

'' Flavio can be anything but a bastard After my parents died he tried to take over the mafia. He thought that the shock of my parents would knock me off, but I became more determined to take over.'' He said and i moved slowly along with him to the flow of the music.

'' why did you decide to take over? You could have left and given a less dangerous future for your siblings and yourself.'' I said and looked as his grip on my waist tightened.

'' you think I was being selfish? '' He asked darkly

'' What? No, I never--''

'' You think I put my sibling's life in danger! '' He growled a bit louder but only for me to hear.

'' I never said or intended to say that, perhaps you didn't understand what i had asked you,'' I stated and his gaze softened when he realized his misconception.

'' I wanted to know why would you take over such a big responsibility, which would come with such a big threat to you and your sibling's? '' I asked and looked away from him.

Bloody overthinking Italian.

'' Because if I gave it in the wrong hands, many people would have died.'' He said and turned my face towards him.

'' I couldn't let Uncle Flavio sit on a place which was worthy only to a man of a pure heart.'' He said and gave me a small look.

'' When the light was shed on his business, I cut off all ties with him. I might kill people ruthlessly. But I never raised a hand on a woman before neither would I even think of selling a women's body for sex and money.'' Nicholas said honestly and pulled me in closer.

'' Because i believe that a woman's body is a sacred place, only when she allows a man to touch her only then he can taste the flavour of true ecstasy,'' Nicholas whispered softly biting my ear in the process which allowed my body to grow hot.

Wrapping his arms around me Nicholas caged me in his grasp and I couldn't help but blush at his antics. I stared at him until I felt that his gaze was too captivating to look at anymore, I looked at his black suit and placed both my hands on his chest.

'' Let's get out from here,'' Nicholas said as I looked at him confused

'' Why? don't you like it? '' I questioned and he kissed my cheek.

'' I want to show you something.'' He replied.

********

'' Where am I? '' I asked him as I entered the place

'' My penthouse.'' He said and pulled me inside.

I glanced around and noticed the similar features of his mansion decorations here, the white marble and soft coloured furniture.

'' have a seat.'' He told me as I plopped myself on the sofa that faced towards the huge skyline window.

Nicholas walked back and I looked forward as the skyline looked so pretty and dark tonight. His black coat kept me warm as the cool breeze of the night swept across the flat.

'' Here wear this,'' Nicholas declared as he placed a navy blue sweater in my and a black pair of tights. I picked up the tights and looked at him as I cocked an eyebrow, he simply chuckled and answered to m airless question.

'' It's Athena's, now go change before I rip that dress off you.'' He lowered his voice and it boosted my confidence as I dropped the coat and leaned forward and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

'' What happened to respect a women's----AHHHH! Nicholas! '' I giggled when he scooped me and ran to his bedroom.

Nicholas laughed and softly placed me down on my feet as he dragged me to his bed and laid out some of his lotion's.

'' Choose anyone you like, skincare is in my walk-in closet and short's are on the top left drawer.'' He told me and kissed my lips as he walked out of the room and left me alone with his sweater. I signed and looked at the lotions on his bed.

Umm, no.

I quickly dressed out of my dress and wore the sweater that came to my midthigh, I groaned realizing I need tights. I quickly wore them and walked into the washroom as I cleaned my face and started to apply some of the skincare products that I picked on my way from the walk-in closet.

I took one final glance at myself in the mirror I folded my dress neatly and placed them at the side of his shorts drawer. His musky cologne on his shirt gave me a sense of togetherness and i closed my eyes and looked around his closet as I saw his selection of perfumes.

Damn, he owns a lot of perfume!

'' I see you found my perfume selection? '' Nicholas said and I jumped out of my skin.

'' How did you get in? '' I asked and he looked at me bewildered.

'' you left the door unlocked.'' He said and I smack my face internally.

that was a close call if he had to come earlier...

I would have been exposed.

'' I love your perfumes,'' I told him and inhaled the sweater like a child.

'' Pick any you want.'' He told me and I stopped indulging in his scent and looked up at him perplexed.

'' This one! '' I said and stood in front of him as I put out my wrist for him to smell the cologne that oozed from his fabric. Nicholas smiled and sniffed it a bit he pulled back and tried to sniff it again.

'' I need a closer scent.'' He stated and stepped closer as he placed his face in the crook of my neck and inhaled the scent.

Nicholas hummed against my skin and placed his cold lips on my warm skin. I gasped and he wrapped his hands around my waist stopping me from running away from his hold.

He isn't going to leave me anytime soon.