The 6-4

About a month later, Y/N and the squad were engaged in dogfights with another armada of Gwishin. Dva and the MEKA squad was helping out as well, making sure to draw the attention of the other units so the Titans weren't overwhelmed. Nexus was pursuing three Gwishin that were chasing Slone. After careful focusing, Y/N managed to fire the Energy Siphon at one of the Gwishin sending it tumbling down onto another Gwishin which caused them both to explode.

"Upgrade Core standing by", Nexus said and Y/N activated the Core, which allowed Energy Siphon to give friendly units shields. He aimed at the back of Ion and fired, restoring her shields, before he fired the XO-16 at the remaining two Gwishin blowing them apart. Suddenly one of the Gwishin latched onto the back of Nexus. Y/N grimaced and pressed a button, unleashing electrified smoke which forced the Gwishin to let go. Meanwhile Dva and Bethany were fighting side by side, with Legion's Smart Core clearing away groups of Gwishin and Tokki's Defense Matrix stopping missiles from hitting them. Viper and Overlord were flying around the giant Gwishin attacking it from all directions. Suddenly one of the turrets on the Gwishin struck Beast in the back thruster causing it to lose power and start falling. Hayley dove down and caught Beast in Scorch's arms.

"You ok?", she asked D.mon, who nodded. Hayley put Beast in the base as it was too badly damaged to fly and returned to the battle. King was blasting apart the Gwishin units when a few of them lined up and began firing on him. He braced himself for a barrage of laser fire but he heard a clanking sound instead. He opened his eyes to see Ronin deflecting the fire before he unleashed a massive Arc Wave. Ronin's Sword Core then activated and he charged forward, tearing apart the line of Gwishin. Trinity and Casino meanwhile were attacking the defenses. Tone's Sonar Pulse had been upgraded to reveal weak points and last longer. Her Salvo Core was activated and thanks to Trinity's keen eyesight and sharp reflexes, the missiles weaved through the defenses, blowing several of them apart thanks to the crosshair guidance Tone had. Suddenly the large Gwishin's back unfolded revealing two huge laser weapons. It began firing on the mechs who were forced to take evasive action.

"Tone, any weak points?", Y/N called over the comms. Trinity fired another Sonar Pulse but it came up negative in terms of weak points.

"Negative Monarch, that thing has no weak points", she replied.

"Then we just have to hit it with everything we have!", Slone replied before she unleashed the Laser Core at the weapons, but the weapons had very strong shields.

"Not even Ion's Laser Core can penetrate those shields....", Viper said with a growl. Just as the lasers locked onto Nexus, one of them was suddenly blown apart.

"What the hell was that?!", Bethany shouted and a large cruiser appeared in the sky.

"Heard you guys needed some help", a voice said over the comms and Beth smiled under her helmet

"Knew you couldn't stay out of trouble", she said. Just then another voice came over the comms