Chapter 1

A.N. - Since I'm super disappointed with the way things are going on in the show and THE PRECAP, this is just my take on how I want things to go about!

After receiving an ultimatum from Meenakshi, Kuhu and Mishti reached the Maheshwari Mansion. Standing at the door, they both glanced at each other. Taking a deep breath, Mishti pressed the doorbell. Badimaa opened the door and was a little shocked to see both her daughters at the door, for the second time in the day. She asked them to come in. As Kuhu and Mishti entered the house, they saw everyone seated in the hall, laughing away at one of Abir's jokes. Noticing Mishti and Kuhu, the smile wiped off everyone's faces. Mishti and Abir shared an eye lock while she walked towards him but he was the first to gaze away. Hurt fleeted through Mishti's eyes but she hid it away. She didn't like how Abir was behaving indifferently with her. Mishti and Kuhu came and stood in front of their respective husbands. 

"We're sorry," Kuhu and Mishti said in unison. "Hum jaante hai humne bacho ki tarah behave kia. Hume aisa nahi karna chahiye tha," Mishti continued. "Aur humne ek doosre se maafi bhi maang li hai aur #PatchUp bhi kar lia hai," Kuhu added. "Haan, Kuhu bilkul sahi keh rahi hai," Mishti affirmed and wound her hands around Kuhu, in an attempt to side hug her. Abir and Kunal exchanged confused glances. Yesterday, their wives were ready to eat each other alive and now they were acting as if nothing has gone down between them. The other family members were astounded too. Mishti and Kuhu realized that their acting hadn't convinced Abir, Kunal or the others. They both moved to stand besides their husbands. 

"Hum ab se nahi jhagdenge," Mishti vowed. 

"Aur hum jaante hai ki yeh hum dono ki galti hai. Isliye #We'reSorry," Kuhu carried on. Mishti and Kuhu held their ears and looked at Abir and Kunal with pleading eyes. They both turned to their wives, shook their head sideways and removed their hands from their ears. Mishti and Kuhu hugged their husbands and all four of them smiled. The other family members also felt relieved. 

"Ab jab tum sab ke beech ke saare gile-shikve dur hogaye hai toh chalo khana khate hai," Badimaa interrupted their moment as she spoke with a smile. Mishti and Kuhu got out of Abir and Kunal's embrace bad nodded their heads vigorously. 

"Tumlog muh-haath dhokar aao, tab tak mei, Jasmeet aur Varsha khana lagate hai," Badimaa uttered and signalled Jasmeet and Varsha to come with her to the kitchen.

"Mei bhi chalti hu Badimaa," Mishti called out. Taking a last glimpse of Abir, Mishti hopped away to the kitchen. 

Staring at Mishti's retreating figure, questions clouded Abir's mind. He was still skeptical about the patch up between Mishti and Kuhu. For some reason, he had a weird feeling about it. And to let go of his doubts, he had to talk to either one of them. Since he knew Mishti would be surrounded by everyone in the kitchen and he didn't want to worry anyone else with his assumptions, he thought of looking for Kuhu. Glancing around, he found her heading towards the staircase and followed her there. Kuhu was just about to go up when Abir called out, "Kuhu!" Kuhu stopped and turned in the direction of his voice. 

"Haan, boliye na bro," she said with a smile. 

Abir stood in front of her and uttered gratefully, "Thanks bro! Tum jaanti nahi ho mei aur Kunal kitne relieved hai ki tum dono ka jhagda solve hogaya. I knew ki jis tarah bachpan mei Mishti ka doll house jodkar tumne usse apologize kia tha, ussi tarah aaj bhi tum vaisa hi kuch karogi." 

As Abir said those words, all he was waiting for was one cue to prove his assumptions wrong. But his words had stunned Kuhu. The smile disappeared from her face for a millisecond before she put a fake one back on. But Abir caught the change in her expressions and even if he didn't like it, it confirmed his doubts about their patch up. Before Kuhu could say anything, Badepapa called Abir. Abir threw a smile towards Kuhu and left from there. As soon as Abir couldn't see Kuhu's face, her entire demeanour changed. Her jaw clenched as she made her way towards the kitchen.