Chapter 3

Next morning, Abir woke up to the chirping of the birds. Sleeping besides him, Mishti had a calm expression on her face. A smile broke out on his face, seeing her face free of worry lines. He plopped himself on his elbow and placed a chaste kiss on her forehead. Mishti's lips curved upwards. Slowly, she opened her eyes to witness the most beautiful person staring at her with the love of the world filled in his eyes. 

"Good morning Angry Chorni," Abir sang chirpily. 

"Good morning Ajeeb Rajvansh," Mishti wished back. A blush crept up her cheeks and she gazed away as Abir continued to adore his wifey. He held her chin and turned her face so that she was looking back at him.

"Ab kaisa lag raha hai?" He asked. Mishti removed his hand from under her chin and entwined their fingers. 

"Jab tak tum mere paas ho, sab kuch best hai Abir," she confessed. Abir's smile widened at her heartfelt avowal. Their eyes were fixed on each other when all of a sudden they heard Badimaa's voice. 

"Mishtii, Abirr," she called out. Abir and Mishti parted away from each other like similar poles of the magnet. Embarrassment covered their features as they climbed out of the bed. Badimaa entered while their gaze was travelling around the entire room. 

"Aree, tum dono uth gaye ho. Acha hai. Chalo jaldi se taiyaar hokar niche nashte ke liye aa jaao," Badimaa said with a smile. 

"Ji, Badimaa," Mishti replied. Badimaa left the room and Mishti and Abir freshened up for breakfast. 

As Abir got out of the bathroom, he saw Mishti sitting on the bed, a tranquil smile on her face. 

"Chale Mishti?" He asked. Mishti nodded her head and got up. Abir kept the towel on the nearby chair. They were about to leave the room when Abir's phone went off. Looking at the caller ID, his body stiffened. 

"Kya hua Abir?" Mishti inquired as she noticed the change in his expressions. 

"Huh?" Abir looked up from the screen. "Uhh.. Kuch nahi Mishti. Tum jaao, mei aata hu," he said. Fear crept into Mishti's heart as her smile faded away. What if he didn't? Mishti didn't want to have such thoughts but they refused to leave her mind. Fidgeting with the hem of her duppatta, she stayed rooted to her position. Abir observed the smile being replaced with a frown on her face. His heart hurt at the hesitation in her stance and at the realization of what was bothering her. He walked up to her and cupped her cheeks. 

"NGO se ek important call hai. Mujhe bas do minute lagenge. I promise tumhe pata bhi nahi chalega aur mei tumhare saamne hounga," Abir vowed. Mishti's smile returned as she meekly nodded her head. 

She turned to leave and was about to reach the door when Abir called her out, "Suno.." Mishti's heart skipped a beat as those familiar words blessed her ears. She turned around as a smile started to form across her face. "I love you Angry Chorni," Abir said fondly. 

Mishti gave him her signature smile and turned around to leave again. Two steps ahead and he called out again, "Suno.." Mishti shook her head and turned to look at him. "Mere bina breakfast mat karna," he requested with a pout. A giggle escaped Mishti's lips and filled Abir's heart with exhilaration. She bobbed her head and turned around to leave.

"Aur suno.." he called her out yet again. Mishti rolled her eyes as she turned to face him again but her smile remained constant. 

"Kuch nahi, jaao." Abir gave her a full blown smile and waved her away with his hand. Mishti left the room with her heart dancing in joy. 

As soon as Mishti was out of sight, Abir picked his phone up and redialled the number. He impatiently waited for the person to receive the call. On the third ring, he heard a beep and a female voice spoke, "Hello, Mr. Rajvansh?"