Chapter 4

Next morning, Abir and Mishti were in the car, with Abir at the driver's seat and Mishti seated besides him. Although Abir had lied to Mishti about going on a vacation, he had been quick to turn it into a reality. After everything that took place at the breakfast table, Abir had brought Mishti to her room and caressed her hair until she drifted off to sleep, a much needed break from all the unpleasant thoughts assaulting her mind. Once he was sure that she was asleep, he made all the arrangements for them to flee away to a secluded place, for the next two days. They stayed at the Maheshwari house for the rest of the day and left early the next morning. The second time an anxiety attack was about to hit Mishti, Abir had been scared to death. He didn't let it show but terror had shot up his veins at the mere thought of the consequences of the attack. He knew that if they stayed at home, Mishti's anxiety attacks would be an everyday phenomenon. He had saved her twice but would he be able to do it again? Neither did he know nir did he want to. Mishti's health wasn't something he was ready to take a chance with. When he told her about a vacation, her eyes twinkled with unfathomable excitement. And Abir would cross mountains to see that shine remain in her eyes forever. 

So here they were, heading to a destination that Mishti knew nothing about. Abir had been adamant on not giving her even a single detail about where they were going to spend the next 2 days. Mishti had tried every possible way to get the details out of him but Abir didn't budge. Every time she cribbed about knowing, all he would say was, "Trust me Mishti, you don't want to spoil the surprise. Aur mujhe tumhara reaction dekhna hai. So, I'm not going to tell you anything." She tried to fake anger as well but Abir just laughed it off and said, "I know tum kya kar rahi ho Angry Chorni! Yeh natak mere saamne nahi chalega. Try something else!" Mishti pouted but Abir just pulled her cheeks and said, "So cute!"

Mishti was staring outside the window, taking in the cool breeze that hit her face with a calm smile across her lips. Every now and then, Abir stole glimpses of his adorable wifey. It had been a while since he saw tranquility be a constant emotion on her face. Finally, she was away from all the taunts and insults of the world and at peace. Looking at her, the smile didn't leave Abir's face. How he wished he could just hide her away from all the anguish in the world. Their ride had been silent but the kind of silence that provided comfort. All of sudden, Abir halted the car. Confused, Mishti turned to face him.

"Yaha kyu gaadi rok di Abir?"she asked and looked around. "Yaha toh kuch bhi nahi dikh raha hai," she stated as a matter of fact. 

"I know Angry Chorni. Lekin ab isse aage.." he said and searched for something in his pocket. Once he found it, he continued, "..tum apni aakhein tab tak nahi khol paogi jab tak hum pahuch nahi jaate." He straightened out the black piece of cloth and blindfolded her, before she even had a chance to protest. 

"Lekin Abir.." she tried to object but Abir kept a finger on her lips. 

"Bharosa hai na mujhpe?" He asked. Mishti nodded meekly and Abir's smile widened. He turned the ignition on again and they drove off to the place that Abir was going to make heaven on earth for Mishti. 

It had hardly been 5 minutes when Abir stopped the car again. He got out of the driver's side and hopped towards Mishti's side. He opened her side of the door and helped her out. Slowly, he untied the blindfold around her eyes. Mishti squinted her eyes to adjust to the sudden light and the sight that lay in front of her eyes left her completely awestruck.

 Mishti squinted her eyes to adjust to the sudden light and the sight that lay in front of her eyes left her completely awestruck

The brown and white house surrounded with greenery in front of Mishti had left her too stunned to react with words. Gracefully, Abir snaked his arms around her waist and kept his chin on her shoulder. "Kaisa laga?" He whispered in her ears and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. 

"Beautiful," she said dreamily. Abir chuckled a little, staring at his wife, who was completely mesmerized by the house. Mishti's trance broke at his voice. Speechless, she turned around in his arms and embraced him with all her might. Abir kissed her temple and responded with equal fervour. 

"Kaise?" Mishti managed to ask when they broke apart. 

"Tumhari smile ke liye toh mei chaand bhi le aata. Yeh toh sirf ek chota sa ghar hai," he confessed lovingly. Mishti's eyes welled up at his admission. A tear trickled down the corner of her eye. Abir's smile vanished at it's sight. He wiped it off, slightly shaking his head sideways. Mishti's smile enlarged. Her heart was overwhelmed with Abir's gestures and she didn't have enough words that could do justice to her expression of gratitude. But the happiness that Abir could see in her eyes, it gave away everything that she couldn't put into words. 

"Tumhe kuch kehne ki zarurat nahi hai Angry Chorni. Mei sab samajh gaya," Abir said and gave her a heartwarming smile. "Ab andar chale ya do din tak yahi par khade rehna hai?" He jested. 

Mishti rolled her eyes at his joke and said, "Chalo." She was about to walk towards the house but Abir was quick to lift her up in his arms. Mishti was shocked but looking at those puppy dog eyes, she smiled and let Abir have his way this time. 

Abir pushed the door of the bedroom open with his leg and walked in. He placed Mishti on the bed. He pushed the strands of hair that were a hindrance to his view of her beautiful face behind her ear.

"Tum thodi der aaram kar lo. Thak gayi hogi," he said. Mishti blinked her eyes in response and he placed a chaste kiss on her forehead. He got up from the bed to go to the other side. 

"Kaha jaa rahe ho Abir?" Mishti asked as fear gripped her heart. Every time Abir tried to walk away from her, her heartbeats would fasten. She didn't want her voice to reek of dread but she couldn't help herself and Abir had caught it. Remorse flashed through his eyes but he composed himself. 

"Arey, sirf bed ki dusri taraf jaa raha hu. Ab tum kaho toh tumhare paas waha zameen par so jaau?" He pointed towards the floor and raised his brows in question, a small smile tagging along his lips. Mishti immediately regretted her question and turned her gaze away. She hated herself for doubting Abir again. He had planned this vacation for them and here, she was still mistrusting him. She didn't want to feel this way but every time Abir would even walk 2 steps away from her, an uneasy feeling would settle in the pit of her stomach. Lost in her self-loathing spree, she hadn't realized when Abir had settled down besides her. He held her chin and turned her face towards him. 

"Tumhe mujhse nazre churane ki zarurat nahi hai Mishti. I know tumhe kaunsa darr sata raha hai. Aur iski wajah bhi mei hi hu," he admitted as guilt seeped in through his heart. "But I promise, aaj raat ke baad, woh darr tumhe kabhi bother nahi karega," he sweared solemnly.   

"I'm sorry Abir," Mishti started. "Mujhe aisa nai bolna chahiye tha. I don't know.." She was cut off when Abir kept his hand over her mouth. 

"Shush Angry Chorni! Tumhe na hi mujhe koi explanation dene ki zarurat hai aur na hi sorry bolne ki. I know tumhara kya matlab tha and I get it. Ab tum chup chap so jaao. Mei yahi hu," he said it like a promise. Mishti's eyes crinkled in happiness while she wrapped her hands around him and rested her head on his chest. Abir cocooned her in his arms, a serene smile on his lips. Tired of the journey, Mishti was fast asleep in arms within seconds. Carefully placing her on the bed and tucking her under the blanket, Abir got up and out of the room. He had to prepare for the surprise that he had planned for Mishti. 

Hey guys!
Thank you so much for all the love that y'all have been showering in the comment section of all the chapters❤️ I'm sorry I haven't had the time to individually thank y'all but I've read each and every word of the comment section💖 It's overwhelming and I can't thank you guys enough🥺💘 I know this update is a bit smaller than usual but that's all that I could manage in my busy schedule. I hope I didn't disappoint y'all🙈 Let me know if y'all like it or not in the comment section below and don't forget to vote!
- Sakshi❤️