Chapter 9

A. N. - This one's for watsonvalerie2624 because it's her birthday today🥳 All I want to say to you is, THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU❤️
Also guys, I know I'm very very very late and I'm so sorry about that🙊 But I hope this chapter is worth the wait! This is a bit emotional so feel free to skip it if y'all want🥺

The lakeside had been a witness to the heartbreak of two people who loved each other with every cell of their bodies. It had been the place where Abir was his most cruel self with Mishti. The place that would assault his mind with the most unpleasant memories and allow him to wallow in regret and sorrow. He had never visited the lakeside after that eventful day but today he chose this place to drown in his grief. He was seated on a bench when Mishti reached the place. After knowing the truth about her internal injuries and witnessing the showdown between Kuhu and Abir, she knew he needed her. He had needed her since 2 months now, but she didn't have an iota of knowledge about it and she hated herself for not being able to see through the façade that Abir had put up. But before she could go and console him, his words stopped her dead in her tracks. 

"Aapse meri khushi dekhi nahi jaati na partner?" He started the long list of questions that he had hidden somewhere deep in his heart for a while now. "Pehle woh sapna dikhaya, fir Mishti ke Maa na bann ne ki khabar di aur ab uski pregnancy ki confirmation? Yeh hamari life mei ho kya raha hai?" He asked dolefully while looking at the heavens above, his heart shattering to bits every second. "Pichle do mahino se Mishti kitni khush thi. Aur aaj ek hi jhatke mei aapne uski sabse badi khushi ko uska sabse bade gham bana dia?" He questioned but let out a sarcastic chuckle as a thought crossed his mind. "Mei bhi kya aapse sawaal kar raha hu! Aakhir galti toh meri hi hai na. Maine usse kaha ki woh baby abort kar de toh mistake aapki kaise hui? Aapne toh gham dekar khushi di, lekin shayad mei hi uss khushi ko sambhal nahi paaya. Jaise mei apne chaand ko sambhal nahi paaya tha," he lamented and his face constricted in pain as the memories of their awful break up at this very place resurfaced. Every word out of Abir's mouth was a dagger stabbing Mishti's heart repeatedly. Her tears had started to trickle down the moment Abir had started to speak. But Abir wasn't done yet. "Mishti pregnant hai, lekin mei itna selfish hu ki usse woh sacrifice karne ko keh dia jiske sapne maine usse dikhaye the. Usse khush rakhne ki bajah maine uska dil ek baar firse tod dia," he accused himself and let his tears out. "Lekin me-mei kya karu? Aa-aanewale kal ke liye apne aaj ko daav par kaise laga du? Ap-apna sapna pura karne ke liye Mishti ki ja-jaan khatre mei kaise daal du?" He stuttered mournfully and hastily wiped the tears off before he continued, "Par ab kya fark padta hai? Mishti toh chali gayi na. And I deserve it. Acha hai woh chali gayi. Mere saath rehti toh sadness ke alawa usse aur kuch nahi milta. Jab uska boyfriend tha tabhi uska dil tod dia tha. Aur aaj uska pati hu tab bhi uska dil tod dia. Mei tab bhi usse protect nahi kar paaya tha aur aaj bhi nahi kar paaya. That is why, Mishti ka decision sahi hai. I don't deserve her or the baby. Mei worst boyfriend tha aur worst husband bhi ban gaya hu. Ab worst dad.."

"ABIRRRR!" Mishti thundered before Abir could complete. His entire body tensed up as he heard her raging voice. He shot up from his seat and swivelled around. Mishti stormed towards him and fiercely held him by his collar. Her bloodshot eyes burned in rage as she stared into Abir's shocked watery ones. 

"HOW DARE YOU? MERE PATI KE BAARE MEI ISS TARAH SE BAAT KARNE KA HAQ TUMHE KISNE DIYA?" She barked in anger. Her pregnancy hormones were already acting out and to add to that, Abir was berating himself for no fault of his. And Mishti wouldn't let anyone reproach Abir, even if he was the one doing it. Abir held her wrists. Abir was stunned to see her at the lakeside but his concern for her and their baby overpowered all his other emotions.

"Mishti, please tum shaant ho jaao. Itna gussa tumhare aur baby ke liye acha nahi hai," he said, agitation lacing his voice, and tried to make her sit on the bench. But Mishti was in no mood to gratify his wishes.