Chapter 2

A. N. -  I'm so sorry for leaving y'all on a cliffhanger and not being able to update earlier! Was caught up with college work and didn't get the time to complete the chapter! Also, I haven't been able to reply to your comments on the previous chapter but I've read them all and I'm COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED with the response🥺❤️ Thank you so much, you guys💓  Won't take up more of your time now! Happy reading❤️

"Mr. Rajvansh, kya mei aapse akele mei baat kar sakti hu?" The doctor asked. Abir's heartbeat stopped for a second. What was so serious that the doctor wanted to talk to him alone? He glanced towards Badepapa and Badimaa, asking for permission. Badepapa nodded slightly, indicating that him and Badimaa would also come along. 

"Aaiye," Badepapa told the doctor and started walking towards the room besides Mishti's room. Badimaa and the doctor followed him. 

Before Abir went ahead, he looked towards Kunal and spoke in a firm voice, "Jab tak mei waapis nahi aa jaata, koi Mishti ke room mei nahi jaayega." More than a statement, it was a warning for Jasmeet and Kuhu as he looked at the two of them, specifically. Saying this Abir walked away to the room where Badepapa and the others had headed.

In the room

"Dekhiye mei ghuma fira kar kuch nahi kahungi. Lekin Mishti ki haalat ke baare mei kuch bhi batane se pehle mujhe kuch sawalon ke jawab chahiye," the doctor started. Her words and stance sent chills down all their spines. Badepapa blinked his eyes, signalling her to go ahead, unable to utter a word. 

"Kya pichle kuch dino mei kuch aisa hua hai jisse Mishti bahut jyada stress hua ho ya usse aisa lagta ho ki usne koi bahut badi galti ki hai jiski wajah se sablog usse chodkar chale jaayenge?" She asked directly. Her questions astonished the three people present in the room. 

"Aa-aap yeh kyu pu-puch rahi hai?" Abir stammered. He didn't want to think of the reason behind Mishti's state but all his mind did was wander back to that one incident that had completely shattered Mishti's wall of strength. 

"Mei jab Mishti ka check up kar rahi thi toh woh baar baar yeh hi keh rahi thi ki, 'Sab meri galti hai. Sab meri wajah se ho raha hai. Isliye sab mujhe chodkar chale jaate hai.' " She revealed. Horror covered Abir, Badepapa and Badimaa's features. Mishti had been blaming herself for everything and thinking that they were going to leave her? Guilt seeped into Badepapa and Abir's hearts. They were also a part of the people who had blamed Mishti for disrupting the peace in both the families. Badimaa stood there like a statue, silently shedding tears. Her daughter was once again being pushed into the black hole that they had tried so hard to bring her out of. 

When no one spoke a word, the doctor sighed and continued, "Dekhiye, aaj toh jyada kuch nahi hua lekin bahut kuch ho sakta tha. Mishti was almost going to have an anxiety attack but she fell unconscious. Agar aaj Mishti ko anxiety attack aa jaata toh shayad hume usse hospitalize bhi karna padta." The doctor dropped the bomb on their heads. Badimaa staggered on her feet as her hand flew to her mouth while Badepapa and Abir were too stunned to react. Tears pricked Abir's eyes as he realized the extent to which he may have triggered Mishti's fear of her loved ones leaving her alone by leaving the Rajvansh house and ignoring her. He cursed himself for not thinking about Mishti and walking away from her. Badepapa lowered his head in shame. This time, he was also partly responsible for Mishti's condition. 

"Does she have a history of anxiety attacks?" The doctor questioned. 

"Ha-Haa. Uss-usse iss tarah ke attacks bach-bachpan mei aate the," Badimaa's voice wobbled. It had taken a huge amount of effort on their and Mishti's side for her to get rid of her attacks. And now the doctor said that they had returned? What had gone so wrong that her fear levels shot over the roof? All these questions tortured Badimaa's mind while all Abir and her husband did was stand motionless in their places.