Chapter 14

A. N - This one's for watsonvalerie2624  & naman06love ❤️

Month 7

Godbharai Day

It was finally the time of Mishti's pregnancy that she had been waiting for since the day she found out about the little bundle of joy growing inside her body. The glow on her face today was nonpareil to that during the entire course of her pregnancy and her happiness knew no bounds. Clad in the all blue ensemble that Abir had chosen for her, Mishti was seated on a light grey cushioned settee, the one Abir had replaced for her comfort, in front of the mirror when Abir entered the room. 

Completely enthralled by his wife's beauty, he halted right near the door at sight of the exquisite smile adorning her face while she twirled a lock of her hair around her finger, lost in deep thoughts

Completely enthralled by his wife's beauty, he halted right near the door at sight of the exquisite smile adorning her face while she twirled a lock of her hair around her finger, lost in deep thoughts. He tiptoed inside the room and stopped right behind her as he took in her image to lock it away in the deepest confines of his heart. The ones where he stored the most enchanting portraits of her. Not that she didn't look pretty everyday, but some days she had this ethereal appearance that Abir didn't want to take his eyes off. Sensing his presence, Mishti shifted her gaze to lock it with his through the mirror. As soon as Mishti's eyes fell on Abir, accoutred in a pink and white kurta-pajama that she had selected for him, her heart skipped a beat. Even in the most simplistic clothes, her husband had the knack for giving the impression of being drop-dead gorgeous.

 Even in the most simplistic clothes, her husband had the knack for giving the impression of being drop-dead gorgeous

Bending a little, he wrapped his arms around her frame and lightly pecked her cheek. Mishti's cheeks turned hot at the contact and she lowered her lashes.

"Uss din haq nahi tha, par tumne mana nahi kia tha," Abir muttered softly against her ear. "Aur aaj haq hai. Isliye tumhara shringaar mei hi karunga," he whispered huskily and Mishti averted her gaze to hide the darker shade of red that had started to tint her cheeks at the reminiscence of their first Navratri together. Abir knelt down in front of Mishti and gradually exposed her baby bump from under the dupatta.