Chapter 11

The moment the sun was up in the sky in all its glory, Abir and Mishti left the Rajvansh Sadan with their bags. And so did Parul. Despite the constant protests from Abir about not wanting to keep her away from her son, Parul had been adamant on going along with them. And there was no counter argument Abir had when she said, "Mei jaanti hu ki tum Mishti ka bahut ache se khyaal rakhoge lekin Mishti ko ek Maa ki zarurat padegi Abir. Tum dono ke liye yeh sab bahut naya hai. Aisi bahut si cheezein hai jinke baare mei tum dono mei se koi kuch nahi jaanta hai. Mei jaanti hu ki aaj ke zamane mei inn sab cheezon ke liye bahut si kitabe hoti hai. Lekin jo ek Maa de sakti hai woh kitabe nahi de paayegi Abir. Aur tum akele kya-kya karoge? Maine aaj tak tumse kuch nahi maanga hai. Aur tum muje apni saheli maante ho na? Toh mujhe apne saath chalne do. Mei tumhari aur Mishti, dono ki madad karna chahti hu." But he agreed only after seeking Mishti's approval. And although he didn't like taking Parul away from the house she had practically spent her life in, a part of him was grateful that there was someone who would be by his and Mishti's side while they experience the most beautiful phase of their lives.

Outside the MishBir house

Abir, Mishti and Parul were standing outside their new home with their suitcases by their sides

Abir, Mishti and Parul were standing outside their new home with their suitcases by their sides. Mishti and Parul were left completely awestruck at the sheer beauty of the two-storey bungalow with a small garden that stood in front of them. A surge of exhilaration shot up his veins as he saw the two women admiring the house before he ushered them towards the wooden door. He unlocked the door and pushed it open. He was about to step in when Parul Masi stopped him.

"Ruko Abir," she called out and Abir's and Mishti's brows knitted in confusion as they angled their heads towards her. "Tum aur Mishti pehli baar iss ghar mei kadam rakh rahe ho toh bina aarti kiye andar jaana subh nahi hoga. Tum bas mujhe paanch minute do, mei abhi aarti ki thali taiyaar karke laati hu," she gushed and strode inside with her bag in which she had already kept the components required for the aarti ki thali.

"Lekin yeh mera first time nahi hai Masi," Abir proclaimed but Parul was already out of earshot to hear him. Shaking his head, he turned towards Mishti who was staring at him with her hands on her hips and her eyebrow arched in question.

"Kya matlab yeh tumhara first time nahi hai?" She questioned seriously and Abir lowered his head while scratching it in embarrassment.

"Woh mei pehle bhi yaha aa chuka hu," he whispered awkwardly and lifted his lashes to glance at Mishti. His answer just made her brows crease in further confusion while she waited for him to explain himself. Abir knew she had more than one question about this house and now was his time to come clean to her. He let out a sigh before he began his side of the story. "Maine yeh ghar do mahine pehle lia tha, jab mujhe tumhari injuries.." he trailed off and Mishti's eyes softened as she noticed a hint of desolation in Abir's eyes. She moved closer to Abir and entwined both their hands by his sides. Abir passed her a wobbly smile while Mishti traced soothing circles on the back of his palms. He took in a deep breath and continued, "I wanted to be alone and away. I didn't know how to lie to your face. I didn't know where to go. Tum mera sukoon ho lekin mei tumhare paas aane ki himmat hi nahi kar paata tha. I know mujhe tumhare paas aana chahiye tha lekin mei toh iss world ka sabse bada idiot hu na. Jab tak tumhe khone ka darr mere saamne aake khada nahi ho jaata hai, mujhe toh akal aati hi nahi hai," he condemned himself and a lone teardrop trickled down his cheek. Mishti's heart twisted painfully in her chest and her eyes filled with tears at the sight of Abir's face constricted in pain and remorse. She wiped off the tear with her thumb and wrapped her hands around his waist. He locked his hands around her, nearly crushing her into the warm, hard frame of his body as he hid his face in her neck and closed his eyes in respite while Mishti stroked his back in a comforting manner. After a few seconds, Abir pulled apart, only enough to glimpse at Mishti, their arms around each other's waist, and resumed, "Tab mere ek dost ka randomly phone aaya tha. Baaton-baaton mei usne bataya ki woh Mumbai shift ho raha hai aur usse apna ghar bechana hai. Mujhe aisa laga ki Partner khud mere paas solution lekar aaye hai. Aur maine yeh ghar khareed liya. Kyunki yeh city se thoda dur hai, thoda secluded hai aur mei.." his voice tapered off and he lowered his head in guilt.