Chapter 7

A. N. - This one's for you watsonvalerie2624! I know it doesn't have everything you wanted but you'll get that too💘

Mishti, Kunal and Kuhu turned in the direction of the voice. They saw Abir walking towards them, red heart balloons in one hand and a bouquet of flowers in another. He handed them over to Jugnu who had come running from the kitchen at Abir's scream. Anger surged through Mishti's veins as tears of betrayal pooled in her eyes at the sight of Abir.

"Yeh kya kar rahi ho Mishti? Tumne Kuhu ko thappad kyu mara?" He demanded, shock covering his features. Mishti stared at him, agape. 

"Dekho Abir, it's better you don't fall into this. Yeh mere aur Kuhu ke beech ka mamla hai. So let us handle it," she managed to warn calmly before her erratic emotions took over her senses. She took in a sharp breath before turning towards Kuhu again. But Abir had clearly decided to not give in. He still thought that if he left it to the two of them, the fight would only escalate. 

"Nahi Mishti. Yeh iss ghar ka mamla hai. So I will interfere," he asserted. Mishti lost her cool. She pinched the bridge of her nose and continued to take deep breaths before turning towards Abir. But nothing seemed to calm her down.

"Fine Abir. Toh sunno!" She said a little too harshly. "Kuhu ne deliberately apna pair mere raaste mei rakha taaki mei gir jaao," she unfolded through gritted teeth. Abir gaped at her, horrified at the revelation. Before his mind could form conclusions, Kuhu jumped in.

"Nahi bro. Mishti jhooth bol rahi hai," she lied shamelessly while Mishti and Kunal stared at her in disbelief. "Maine aisa kuch nahi kia hai," she defended herself. Abir looked towards Mishti in utter bewilderment but found her burning in anger instead. 

"Mishti, I think tumhe koi misunderstanding hui hai. Bro aisa kyu karegi?" He questioned. Mishti was shocked to hear Abir's words would be an understatement. How was he still defending Kuhu? Had he forgotten what had happened 2 months ago and how they had come out of it? But before she could say anything, Kunal came forward to speak on Mishti's behalf. 

"Woh isliye kyunki bahar galti se Mishti ne vomit kar di thi and some of it splashed on Kuhu's designer shoes and heels," Kunal let out and turned towards Kuhu. "Mishti nahi, tum jhooth bol rahi ho," he acussed her. "Hum dono ne dekha tha ki tumne kya kia. Mishti se abhi maafi maango Kuhu," Kunal ordered. Kuhu stared wide-eyed at her husband who was taking Mishti's side as opposed to hers. With no intention of apologizing, Kuhu glared at Mishti. Both Kunal and Abir were a witness to this. "I SAID APOLOGIZE TO HER NOW," Kunal roared. Kuhu shuddered at his tone. Mishti's neck twisted in his direction while Abir was astonished at the fury in his voice. He couldn't comprehend the reason behind Kunal's sudden change in behavior. 

"Rehne do Kunal. Jab Kuhu ka bro uske saath hai toh uss se koi nahi jeet sakta hai. Jo log khud jhooth bolte hai, unhe baaki sab bhi jhoothe hi lagte hai," Mishti uttered in an absolutely doleful voice as she bore her eyes right into Abir's hazel orbs. The amount of pain that Abir saw on Mishti's face split his heart into two but even though he tried, he couldn't understand the meaning behind her words. He had never seen her so crestfallen. With one last glance at Abir, Mishti ran up to their room as she let her suppressed tears flow freely. 

"Yeh aapne thik nahi kia Bhai. Jab aapne mujhse favour maanga tha, I didn't question you. Lekin jo aapne kia that was completely unjust towards Mishti. Lekin aaj mei aapse puchta hu. Kyu Bhai? Aap pichle do mahino se Mishti se aur hum sabse jhooth kyu bol rahe ho?" He questioned firmly. Abir gaped at Kunal, unable to grasp his questions. 

"Yeh tu kya bol raha hai Nan.." he halted mid-sentence and his eyes enlarged as he contemplated what Kunal might mean. "Tu aur Mishti kaha gaye the?" He counter-questioned.