18. The End

Kate's P.O.V.

We're in 1958, I think. The rest of the team was here when Chucky and I were with the time pigs. Now Haircut, Chucky and me are here to kill Savage. This time it might actually happen.

"When can I kill him?" Chucky asks, subtle as always.

"We have to wait for the meteor to go critical." Haircut replies.

"When's that?" Chucky asks.

"When he starts the ritual in all three time periods." Haircut answers.

That makes absolutely no sense. The ritual in 2021 is in the future, so that can't happen at the same time as the ritual here. I decide to drop the thinking and turn to my brother. "Why do you get to kill him?"

He takes out his heatgun. "Because I have a gun."

I take out my knife. "I have a knife."

"Guns are better than knives."

"No they're not." I argue.

"Mine shoots fire, definetly better than some stupid knive."

I twist my knife in my hand. "Mine is going to be in your leg if you don't watch it."

"Not if I turn you into a roasted chicken first." He says, pointing his gun at me.

I'm about to come up with a reply, but then Haircut speaks up. "Sorry to interrupt your weird sibling fighting, but I think that's our cue." He points to the meteor that's glowing, while Savage is performing some ritual on it.

But then behind us, 2 ugly bird people appear. "Really? These guys again?" Haircut asks.

The ugly bird people attack me and Haircut. Chucky attacks Savage.

To my suprise, they're not easy to kill. They have claws and wings. Every time I'm close to stabbing the one I'm fighting (the other one is Haircut's problem), he just flies away.

So I turn invisible. The bird thing looks around, for me. When he's looking the other way, I stab him in the back. The moment he turns around, I slice his throat.

When Haircut has killed his bird thing too, we look around to see Chucky pointing a gun at Savage. "You can't kill me. I'm immortal." Savage says.

"Guess you haven't heard the news." Chucky replies, turning Savage into a roasted chicken.

I honestly don't care that it wasn't me who killed him. He's dead and Chucky got his revenge, good enough.

Then I notice that the meteor is still glowing. "Guys..."

They turn around and see it too. Chucky turns to Haircut. "Do something RoboCop."

"I'm on it." He says. "Got a little trick I've been working on." He uses his suit to shrink the meteor. Now the explosion is so small that it's harmless.

Then the ship appears and we fly to Grim Reaper and the others in 2021.

---

In 2021 we find the rest of the team and Savage's death body. "Damn it! I wanted to be the one to kill him. Again, I mean." Chucky says.

Then I hear Sara behind me. "Uhm... I don't think our problems are over yet." She points at the meteor in this time that is still about to explode.

"I'm on it." The kid says. Putting his hands on the meteor, but nothing happens.

"On what?" I ask.

He sighs. "It's not working."

Then Haircut gives it a shot. "I got this." He tries to shrink it but it doesn't work either. "I don't understand. I must be all out of power."