6. A monster

We're in an empty room. In the middle Mr. Blake is tied to a chair. Sara and I are leaning to the wall, while Grim Reaper is walking around.

"I'm gonna make this very simple for you, Mr. Blake." He says. "You tell me where Vandal Savage is hiding his fortune and we will let you leave here unmolested." I crack my knuckles for demonstration.

Mr. Blade is not intimidated. "Vandal Savage... is that the name you know him by?"

"Let's assume so, yes." Grim Reaper states.

"And what is your name? Gareeb?" This catches my attention and also Sara's.

Grim Reaper does not want us to know. "Will you give us a moment?

"Gareeb?" I ask.

Blade explains: "It's a legend passed down for 4.000 years. When my master was first bestowed the gift of eternal life, an enemy tried to kill him. Every myth has its monster, its devil. For those of our order, it's him, the Gareeb."

Grim Reaper does a cute attempt at threathening him. "I'd stop talking now if I were you, mate."

Blade turns to us. "If I were you, I'd run. Your friend has already failed to kill my master once. He won't be able to protect you. In fact, I highly doubt he's ever been able to protect anyone."

Then Reaper slaps him in the face. Thankfully. This guy annoyes me more then egghead.

Grim walks out, Sara and I share a look and follow him. "What did he mean you already tried to kill Savage?" She asks him.

"Leave it be Sara."

Sara isn't having it. "No, if you want us to do this-"

"Yes, okay! Yes, I had the chance to kill Savage before. I had him dead to rights and I hesitated."

"Killing is never easy, especially for a good man." She tells him.

"But the man killed my wife and son and God knows how many other wives and sons, and yet I couldn't-" Grim stops himself. Then continues: "Your killing people doesn't make you a monster, Sara, but having the chance to avenge your family and not taking it... that does."

I sigh. "Welcome to the club." I give him a quick pet on the shoulders and head to the bathroom.

Afterwards I go back to the so called 'interrogationroom'.

When I come in I hear Grim Reaper: "Where's Savage's fortune? Now, I'm particularly interested in this thing called the vessel."

"The vessel is my master's most treasured possession." Blade answers.

I'm already annoyed. "Excellent, and where can we find it?"

"The Greyhill Building. There's a gathering tonight in celebration of it." He says. He's just giving us the adres?

Sara figures it out: "And clearly you want us to go so we can get ourselves killed."

Blade grins. "Clearly."

"What is the vessel?" Reaper asks.

"It's the remains of Prince Khufu of the Middle Kingdom. I believe you know him as Carter Hall." He explains. Savage kept birdmans corpse?

"What is Savage going to do with Carter's body?" Sara asks Mr. Blade.

"Well, there's only one way to find out, isn't there?"

"Or you could just answer." I say. He just grins at me, so I punch him in the face. "Answer." I try again, he just keeps grinning.

I'm about to punch him again, when Grim Reaper starts walking out. "Gideon, locate the Greyhill Building and set a course." He says.