21. The Hunger Games: Kiss or Kill?

🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅🔅

There has been one common theme in the theatrical history from time immemorial; "The Antagonist's Speech".

Dr. Thanos Doomsday (Bs.C, Ph.D, Mc.U, Dc.U, An.T) in his famous monologue said and I quote;

"What is a villain without his villainous tales?
Or an antagonist without his antithesis?
For to see a villain is to see a poet
Before his last act of mischief to serve in a tray
His evil masterminded plans to relay
To the awe of the captured protagonist
As he bemoans his clouded perception by the evil mist
Have you ever heard of "good mastermind" before?
For long have we been margi..."

Unfortunately, he was shot three times in the head with a "Stormbreaker M14" by an U.N.N agent(not to be mistaken for a tertiary institution in Nigeria, click 70765 times for disambiguation), Agent Stark before he could finish his monologue. Our condolences go to the family especially his now widowed wife, Mrs. Hela.

Coming to us, we blame the antagonists for their foolishness as they waste precious time that could have earned them, their desired victory "monologuing" on how they came about their evil scheme but when we find ourselves in a "captor-captive" situation and we are the captor, we do the same as the antagonists in movies.

Our dear Lisa was no exception. The time spent on saying "any last words" was enough margin between shooting someone or getting sniped yourself.

Let's rewind back a little, shall we?

"Any last words?!", she asked again.

"Good riddance, fella"

A shot flew from behind hitting her on the back. Her face was filled with horror.

Before she could turn to check what hit her, the info came, confirming her fears.

ABIMBOLA LISA FROM MARY SLESSOR HOSTEL IS OUT, SHOT BY EVERLY KINGS FROM OKONJI IWELA HOSTEL

"No hard feelings, sis", I said, grinning.

She turned back to see who shot her. By then, the pretty Everly was walking up to me, smiling.

I would say she(Lisa) cursed a million times under her breath as she removed her gear. She stormed off furiously as soon she was done.

"Do they all leave the same way?", I asked, smiling.

"I dunno. That was my first 'kill' ", Everly replied, smiling also.

"Thanks for having my back out there", I said, with gratitude in my eyes.

"Don't mention. I told you that I owe you one", she said with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

What prompted me to say "good riddance, fella" was that when I looked beyond Lisa, I saw Everly set with her AWM. So, since Lisa had a flair for drama, we both played the "dramatist game".

"Wow. Is that the...?", She asked, moving over to where the map was lying where Lisa dropped on the floor.

"Yup. That's it", I looked to where she pointed and answered as I was picking up my guns.

"Wow. I haven't figured mine out yet, I couldn't", she said, studying the map.

"They are all probably the same. The puzzles were...you know what, you can take that. I have mine with me. Moreover, you earned it", I sort of regretted saying that being that I haven't checked if mine was actually in my inner breast pocket like the one I figured out. But well, considering that fact that it was her "kill"...