Chapter 6: The Unexpected Guest

Hermione’s point of view

There was a knock on the door. Ron, Ginny, Molly, Arthur and I all exchanged surprised looks. I mustered the courage to get up and walk to the door. I grabbed the door hand and bent it.

I froze as I realized who was standing in front of me. It was an unexpected guest.

Grey eyes and platinum blond hair could not be mistaken. It was no other than Draco Malfoy.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as I recovered from the shock.

“Let me in." he said, his tone commanding and his face expressionless.

I reluctantly let him in hoping he could help the current situation. The Weasley’s excluding the three older red hairs, who weren't around, all had surprised looks on their faces when they saw Malfoy.

“Where’s Potter?” he asked ignoring the angry glare Ron gave him and the surprised looks still on Molly and Arthur’s faces. No one said anything.

“Answer me!” he yelled, snapping everyone out of their shock.

“He’s not here” Molly answered. Malfoy had a worried look on his face and it slowly turned into anger.

“How could you let him leave?” he asked angrily

“He told us he went to visit Ginny” I answered.

“He did” Ginny answered softly. “But that was like two hours ago when I left him in the three broomstick.”

“Oh no, I can’t believe it” Draco said, his anger disappearing into thin air and replaced by worry.

“What’s going on?” Arthur asked.

“Okay, listen carefully” Draco began. “You all thought Potter left you guys for one years and three months but it wasn’t exactly like that. It all started after the war. My mother and I moved out of the manor. We left my father but I still go to visit him sometimes because like it or not he is my father. One day when I went to visit him, he wasn’t home. Being the only one at home, I wandered around till I got to a closed door. When I opened it, I met Potter lying in a pool of his own blood. He was unconscious. I remembered when he saved my life in the Room Of Requirement so I decided to help him. I didn’t want to take him to St’Mungo’s so I took him to my apartment and took care of him. After two weeks, he finally woke up. I explained everything to him and he also told me how he ended up in the manor. He told me that one day, while he was taking a walk alone without his wand, he was captured by death eaters. They tortured him for a whole year. I was surprised because I didn’t expect him to be alive but he told me that it was you that kept him alive.” As he said the last sentence, he pointed towards Ginny. Only then did I realize that Ginny was already sobbing. 

 "Every time he was about to give up,he always thought about you and your love. That's what kept him going. Apparently, the death eaters decided not to kill him at once, so instead they decided to torture him till he dies. When I saved him,he wasn't in a good shape. I took care of him for a month and after he got better,I told him to run."

Tears were already flowing from my eyes. I had no idea Harry went through this.

"He wasn't safe with me. "Malfoy continued.

"I sent him a patronus everyday to make sure he was safe. Then one day ,when went to the manor,I overheared Lucius telling a death eater that if Potter didn't surrender, they would go after the ones he loved and kill all of you one by one. I immediately told Harry. He then made up his mind that he would surrender but he wanted to see you all one last time. You are the reason he's alive."

"That's why he came back. I tried to force him to tell all of you but he's already given up.  He claims he was born to die."

I sighed. We shouldn't have treated him like he didn't belong here anymore . We all were so annoyed he left us that we didn't treat him well.

"But I don't understand why he left today. He had until next week. I thought he would have wanted to spend more time with you." Draco asked confused snapping me out of my thoughts.

Ginny suddenly burst into more tears .

"Its all my fault.(sob) I told him I didn't love him. (sob)I told him I didn't care .......(sob) its all my fault." She said.

I felt guilty. I walked over to her and put one arm on her shoulder.

"Its not all your fault. Its our fault too. We didn't welcome him. We didn't treat him like we cared. "

"That's the last thing Potter needed to hear" Draco said.

"We have to go find him" Arthur said. I nodded pulling myself together.

"Do you think they would take him back to the manor" I asked.

"Yes,but we can't just go marching in there. We need a plan and by the way we are outnumbered" Draco said.

" We'll contact the Order and tell them everything "Ron suggested.

"Sounds like a plan"Ginny said composing herself.

'Its going to be like our Hogwarts adventure."

*
**
***
Thank you all for reading. It means so much to me. Please don't forget to vote and comment.
Also,I've been reading some fan fictions and they are really good. I would advice you all to read it too. Its really entertaining.

* Potter
*Muggle
* Ten ways to kill Draco Malfoy
* The tales of Rory Black
*Sirina Rose Potter
If you are a Dramione shipper ,you need to read
*Simply Irresistible
* The Hoax
*Forbidden Fantasy
* With you in my arms

Well,till next time. Adios. Love y'all
Ade