Change

Third person's POV:

Luna was done making coffee and brought those to the table. Handed one to Peter and sat down opposite of him.

There was a silence for about 3 minutes. Gathering herself together, she managed to say,

"We should break up.."

She was trying hard not to have a breakdown in front of him but tears started to pour down because it was painful for her too.

Peter was very confused that what made her change her mind suddenly and that she was the one who wanted to date in the first place. Also, if she want to stop this, why she is crying.

He was too confused and shocked to do anything.

"If you don't mind can I ask you something? What's the reason?"

On this, she lifted her head and said,

"Sophia."

All of this made him more and more confused. Sophia? Why?

"Did she say something?"

She shaked her and said,

"She didn't say something and it's hard to explain.. but I want you to be happy.."

With his confused mind, he got up from his place and came towards her, kneeling down in front of her and speaking softly,

"Tell me everything that comes in your mind."

He wiped down her tears but they didn't stop. She started to speak,

"I know I started it.. I am the one to be blamed.. I am sorry! I really am.. I tried so hard.. but I failed.. I just wanted to date you and be with you but I knew you love her and seeing you with her kills me! It hurts me so much. You are with me but somehow you are still with her.

I know she's going through a lot but can't someone see I am in pain too!? I just want someone to take care of me too like you do with her without her knowing. I want someone to love me too and I thought you might make me happy because I am in love with you but.. I was wrong. You never loved me like that, that's why I felt worse than I should about all of this..

But I think I have changed. I don't want to force you in this relationship anymore. I want you to be happy and I will be happy seeing you happy. I am sorry I was crazy back then to even think that we can be something.

Yes, it's true.. I still love you but it was one sided.. but it's okay.."

Peter was totally shocked now, he felt exposed and like he cheated on her?

"I am sorry I don't know what to say.."

She wiped her tears and held his hands.

"Promise me that we are going to be best friends forever.. please.."

"Of course!"

"Thank you.."

"I feel so bad.. I am sorry.."

"What are you saying? It's not your fault. I am the one who is sorry and should be.. I am sorry.."

"No-"

She pulled him in a hug and they stayed in the hug putting all of the worries aside for a moment and finally accepting each other as what they should be, besties.

He patted her head and whispered,

"Just know that I can never be mad on you and I always by your side."

She tightened her grip and nodded, still trying to not to cry again.

After some time, they break off from hug and smiled at each other.

"Are you going home now?"

"Uh huh"

"Stay safe!"

"Sure! You too~"

"Wait Peter!"

"Yeah?"

"Don't let anyone steal Sophia!"

"You silly! Of course!"

They laughed and after seeing him out, she closed the door and somehow felt better after talking with him. After making things right and finally accepting the truth.

Hidden part:

???: But I love Luna. She is so pretty and commited *pouts*

???: Sure, sure.

To be continued.