Missions and Haircuts Part 1

A/N: *waves shyly from behind a thick steel wall* Hiiiiiiiiiiii. I'm alive. I haven't posted anything in over a month, I'm sorry! If you've PMed me I've made sure to respond usually within a few hours, but the last month or so has been crazy. I'm ok though, it's been a good busy. The idea for the shaving came from @squid_woman_2020 which I absolutely love as I actually shaved or donated hair for the second time (not saying which one :) ) for kids who have cancer a few weeks ago. This is not finished but I wanted to at least post something for everyone, I know quarantine is rough and if this can help you escape into a fantasy for even a bit, then my goal has been complete and my day has been made :).  And the reads, omg I am completely blown away, how many bots have discovered my book?! Anyways, on with the story!

The sound of arguing filled the 1st floor of the Avengers Compound where Natasha Romanov and Tony Stark were locked in a heated verbal battle.

After the cases in New York City began to skyrocket, Tony had everyone pack up and move to the Avengers Compound, where they had been staying for the past 4 months. 

4 months.

4 long, excruciating, boring months.

6 months total of quarantine, with no sign of the virus letting up any time soon.

"Tony you don't even know if I can get sick!"

"I can't take that chance Romanov!"

"I'm practically a mutant for Christ's sake! The Red Room probably made me immune to this as well as every other disease!"

"Peter and Bruce are actual mutants and I'm still not letting them take that chance! And Bruce literally can't die!"

"At least test it on me to see if I'm immune!"

"NO!"

"You know the supposed vaccine trials are sketchy, you have the same intel as I do, we should at least check it out!"

"You are not going undercover to foreign countries right now! Travel is literally banned!"

Natasha gave him a blank stare; that, in her opinion, was the most idiotic thing he'd said all day. "When has that ever stopped anyone before?"

Tony took a deep breath before saying with finality, "You're not going anywhere. FRIDAY make sure Ms. Romanov does not leave the building." Turning around he walked away, leaving Natasha silently fuming behind him.

As soon Tony left the room, she started to smirk. He really thought that if she wanted to leave he could stop her. It was quite laughable really. And FRIDAY? FRIDAY wasn't the first AI she'd hacked to get out of a tight spot. However she made sure to maintain a defeated-looking pose as she walked back to her room as there were cameras in the halls; but there were no cameras in her room - she made sure of it.

With the door locked behind her, Natasha began finalizing the game plan that had been formulating in her head.

"KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!"

"What is it Peter?" Natasha replied, not only recognizing the voice, but knowing there was only one person in the entire building that would say the word 'knock' instead of well, actually knocking.

"Can you please open up, Ms. Romanov?"

"You know it's Natasha, Peter." The widow replied, effortlessly stalling for time while shoving a bag of supplies under the bed; not the ideal hiding spot, but it wasn't like Peter knew anything was up.

Opening the door, she found that it was indeed Peter, a very excited Peter.

"OKSOIHADTHISBRILLIANTIDEAANDIWASTHINKINGBECAUSEISAWTHISTIKTOKCHALLENGEANDTHENIWASTHINKINGIFTHEAVENGERSDIDITWECOULDUSEITTORAISEMONEYFORHOSPITALSORSOMETHING." Peter spoke as if he was under a time limit and was gesturing wildly to his phone.

Translation: OK SO I HAD THIS BRILLIANT IDEA AND I WAS THINKING BECAUSE I SAW THIS TIKTOK CHALLENGE AND THEN I WAS THINKING IF THE AVENGERS DID IT WE COULD USE IT TO RAISE MONEY FOR HOSPITALS OR SOMETHING.

"What's this brilliant idea?" Natasha asked, being able to understand the volcanic explosion of words that came out of his mouth. 

"We shave our heads! I mean you could donate 10 inches since you have the length and it would go to kids who have cancer who need wigs and-"

"Actually, that's not a bad idea." Natasha mused, a shorter haircut would definitely put her in a more badass mindset in addition to not being as easily recognized. "But I am not doing a tik tok."

Peter opened his mouth, as if to protest, but one slight glare from the deadly black widow clearly changed his mind.

"Thanks Ms. Romanov! That's great! I'll go tell everyone else the plan!" Peter shouted as he raced down the hall.

The rest of the Avengers weren't too keen on the idea until Peter said that it would raise money for hospitals, at which point they all vehemently agreed.

"Really brother?" Loki asked in disbelief, popping up from nowhere. "You're going to shave your head? Really? I believe you practically bawled when you got a haircut on that rather nasty planet, and now you willingly agree to get rid of all of it? I must say I am surprised."

"Well I am, Loki. It's for a good cause, and after that haircut I realized that my hair doesn't mean that much to me."

Loki snorted in disbelief before disappearing into thin air.

Word Count: 873

A/N: Thank you all again so much! For everyone who has read, commented, and voted on my books and especially my new followers! I love all you (platonically) so much, and, as always, if you ever want to chat, I'm here. <3 And know that although it might not be our day, our week, our month, or even our year, I'll be there for you (anyone get the reference? I don't really watch the show, but the theme song has been stuck in my head :) ).