6. Competition

Nøkk p.o.v

Me and my Y/n were holding hands following tachanka to the firing range, y/n lifted my hand to his lips and kissed it, it was strange seeing i still had my h.e.l and gloves on. But That didn't matter, any expression of love is a good one to me, Tachanka looked behind at us.

Tachanka: "I know this i corny but, it must be great to be young and in love, you guys are pretty adorable together!" He let out a belly laugh, y/n joined in.

Y/n: "How old are you anyways Alexsandr?" Y/n asked.

Tachanka: "I am 49 years of age my friend, and still counting, but it looks like we're here!"

We walked into the fire range and Glaz was testing his aim on far moving targets.

"Glaz is definitely the best shot here" i thought.

Y/n let go of my hand, which saddened me, but i'd have some time with him tonight in our dorm anyway. A great big smile grew on my lips but nobody could see it because of my veil.

Y/n p.o.v

I waited for Glaz to finish his round and walked over to him.

Y/n: "Hey Timur, you're really good at shooting might i say myself, why don't we have a competition? Whoever loses has to pay for dinner in the cafeteria tonight."

Glaz: "Your on, y/n." He laughed.

i had hope that i could win, im a very good shooter too.

Glaz went first, grabbing his sniper rifle and putting a clip of training rounds into it. Tachanka got a clipboard and prepared to keep score.

Tachanka: "A body-shot is one point, a headshot is two, Go!" He shouted, pressing the button activating the targets.

There were 8 rows, going up after each and 6 targets lined up in every row, target 5 in row 6 popped up, Glaz flicked his aim to it, scoring two points with a headshot. Then Target 6 row in 1 and Target 1 in row 6 activated, Glaz aimed at the one in row 1, he fired his rifle hitting it in the head, then flicked agin to the other target hitting it in the upper chest.

*BEEP* the Training simulation was over.

Tachanka: "Only 3 targets? The clipboard isn't needed then...Glaz scored 5 points." He said pointing to him with his hand.

Glaz: "Damn...i didn't compensate correctly on that last one."

Y/n: "Its alright, who knows i could screw myself over and completely miss a shot!" I said, as Glaz handed me his rifle.

Glaz: *laughs* "ok, lets see it then comrade!"

I readied my aim as i heard the beep, Target 6
in row 8 lifted, I immediately aimed at its bullseye and pulled the trigger scoring two points, after that Targets 1 and 6 in row 1 came up. I shot target 6 in between its drawn eyes, and just like Glaz i missed the headshot on the second one hitting it in the chest right below the throat.

Glaz: "A tie? How are we going to settle this? Oh, I know!"

He lifted his pointer finger in the air, he then sat his arm on the table in front of nøkk, who was sitting in a chair with her leg crossed.

Y/n: "I love arm wrestling!" I exclaimed.

I ran over to the other side of the table and locked my hand with his.

Glaz: "You're an optimistic one aren't you y/n?"Glaz asked, looking at me.

I looked to nøkk, she was now sitting normally leaning foward, probably excited to see what was about to unfold. She looked at me and blew me a kiss, I pretended to catch it and put my hand on my heart, she giggled and put her hands together in her lap.

Glaz: "I forgot you two were a thing, pretty adorable if you ask me *laughs* and hey, you're a lucky lady nøkk! Lets just hope y/n here doesn't embarrass himself in front of you." He said letting out another small laugh.

Tachanka put his hands on ours, and looked at both of us.

Tachanka: "I want a good clean match, no cheating or ANY special tactics of any kind! 3...2...1...Go!"

Tachanka lifted his arm and i saw sledge standing at the doorway watching, and there were a few other operators behind him that I couldn't make out. Then we started.

Glaz was a lot stronger than he looks, it was actually pretty tough getting his arm to move, i started using more of my strength and finally it budged, but he managed to move it back to where it was.

Y/n: "C'mon old man y'know you're gonna lose!"

Glaz: "Old man?! Im only 7 years older than you im 30!" He shouted.

It worked, he was distracted so i put even more strength into my arm, at this point we were both struggling and grunting like mad men. Eventually Glaz's arm grew tired and i slowly pushed my arm down on his, causing his hand to touch the table.

Tachanka: "And the winner is Y/n!" Everyone watching at the door cheered and clapped for me, a few laughed too, but they all walked away continuing on with their day.

Y/n: "Hey Glaz, you're not an old man, i just said it to distract you, plus your face paint hides,well, your face obviously."

I got a laugh out of him.

Glaz: "Its ok comrade, I understand, but like our deal still stands, let me know when you and nøkk are heading to the cafeteria to eat dinner tonight, i'll be in my dorm."

He left the room, as did Tachanka waving goodbye of course.

Nøkk: "I knew you'd win, you're not a hunk for nothing babe" she said, running her gloved fingers through my h/c hair.

i heard her stomach growl, so I picked her up bridal style.

You: "Lets go get some food, i'd hate to leave my girl on an empty stomach any longer."

Nøkk: *Blushing* "Oh my, y/n, how romantic!you must love making me blush!"

(Note: I came back and fixed a lot of stuff in chapters 1-6 so re read them if you want it's a lot better!)