The New Great Depression

Jessica sits in Zach's car and they drive off.

"What did you say to your mom?" she asks him.

"About?"

"Where you were going this early in the morning."

"I told her I wanted to do some PT before school and she was really happy with it so she didn't ask anything else."

"That's good."

Jessica answers in a sigh and Zach notices how worried she looks.

"It's gonna be fine you know."

"Is it?"

Zach nods but doesn't add anything else, he doesn't want to lie to her and there's no way of knowing how everything will turn out.

"You're sober right?"

Jessica hates to question him but it's something he did in the recent past.

"I am. I haven't drink since the party."

"Good."

Jessica falls silent and looks out the window.

Zach looks at her, she seems so tired and broken.

"So, where the fuck did you disappear to yesterday?" Luke asks Diego in the locker room.

Diego chuckles but doesn't answer the question. His parents were pretty mad to have to get him out of a police station on Sunday and they spend the whole day yesterday trying to understated what had happened. They talked for hours and he didn't say much. He is still pissed at Jessica for lying to him but he knows he went way too far. He has a bad temper and the drinking didn't help manage his anger at her.

"I heard you and Jessica had some fun at the party Saturday and she wasn't there either yesterday..." Beecher implies with a naughty smile.

A smile forms on Diego's lips. If Jessica hasn't come back it means he has the possibility to say whatever the hell he wants.

"Come on Diego, you finally fucked Jessica Davis and you don't say a word to your bros?" Luke tells him as he pats him on the shoulder.

On the other side of the locker-room, Justin bites his lip to refrain himself to say or do anything. Charlie offers him a sympathetic smile, seeing how upset he is.

"Okay, let's just say we did something way more entertaining than school." Diego finally answers his friends.

"Well played man." "Nice." Two of the jocks congratulate him.

"Did she did this to you?" Beecher asks, pointing at the bruise left on Diego's face by Zach.

Diego shrugs, somehow it's less humiliating for him for his friends to think that than to know Zach did it.

"Man, I knew she liked it rough." Luke jokes.

"Better be careful man, she might ask for it but before you know it she calls it rape or some shit." One jock ads and they all start laughing, except Charlie and Justin who punches his locker to stop their conversation.

"What is it Foley? Jealous I fucked her?"

Justin walks up to Diego when Kerba enters.

 "Guys, what is taking you so long? We're waiting for you outside."

 The members of the team stare at Diego and Justin standing in the middle of the locker-room

"Now!" Kerba shouts at them and they leave the locker-room.

Jessica and Zach are sitting in the waiting-room. Jessica keeps pulling on her sleeves, if she could hide she would because people are staring at them. They are both too young to be parents right? Zach places his hand on her leg and gives her a little smile as a way to let her know it's going to be fine.

"Miss Davis?" The doctor calls and she stands up with one last look at Zach who offers her again a reassuring smile before she follows her in the room.

"Fucking Zach." Alex says as he sits next to Charlie in the library.

"What did he do now?"

"He wasn't there in History, which means it was an even more boring class than usual."

"Do you think he skipped school too?"

"Too?" Alex is confused.

"Tyler asked me if I have seen Jessica earlier. Apparently she missed an HO meeting."

"I guess she decided to skip it to spend time with Diego again."

"That's not possible. Diego was there at practice this morning."

"Really? Then I wonder what the hell she's doing. I have an idea what Zach is doing."

"Fucking Zach." Charlie nods.