Lost Boy

Justin is drinking in one of the kitchens, alone. He is pretty drunk. He started drinking after his altercation with Clay and hasn't really stopped since.

"There you are."

He turns around to find Jess standing in the doorway, leaning against the door-frame.

"I didn't think you would be looking for me."

"Me neither. What happened with Clay?"

"He hates me... I don't know why."

"He doesn't..."

"You hate me... And I do know why." He cuts her off.

"I don't hate you."

He scoffs.

"I could not hate you, even if I tried. And believe me, I tried." She continues as she gets closer to him when she notices he's drinking.

"Are you drinking?"

"Yeah. I am. And?"

"You don't need me to tell you why you shouldn't."

He looks at the ground, ashamed. Jess sees there's something more. Justin is sniffing, trying his best not to cry.

"My mom... She's been calling... and texting."

 "Justin." She turns to face him and gets even closer. She understands what he's been doing in his old neighborhood now.

"She's back?"

"Yeah. She doesn't give a fuck about how I'm doing, as always, but she wants money."

"Did you see her?"

"I did." He says with a tremor in his voice.

"How did it go?"

"I didn't talk to her. I made it to her apartment but I was too much of a coward to ring the bell... But I saw her, at the window. She was high, as always. I was standing in the street, looking straight at her and ... she didn't even see me Jess." He can't hold back his tears anymore.

She puts her hand against his cheek to wipes the tears away but he pushes her hand.

"Don't."

"I'm sorry." She apologizes before she looks down at her feet. 

He feels bad for rejecting her so violently.

He runs his hand through her hair.

"Jess. I'm so sorry."

"For what?"

She meets his gaze.