Chapter 7

Zenn could feel the students behind her were frightened. They made it very obvious. They were heroes in training after all. But, the siren looked at this as a fight. She has gone through many to get to where she is now in the water. The title Alpha was not handed down to her from her mother like some crown. Zenn worked for that title, and she knew she was a damn good fighter.

When Aizawa ordered Thirteen to take the kids elsewhere, Natalee freed herself from Takehiko's hold. "Screw you." She ran over to the siren and let herself be known before she got hurt. Just like other animals, when Zenn had her guard up she could easily take your kindness as a threat and harm you. "Zenn, it's Natalee. I'm walking to you." Zenn heard her and put her guard down just a bit to allow Natalee to get near. Thirteen was confused about why this girl was acting and starting to have that look in her eyes as if she were an animal.

"What's wrong?" Thirteen asked Natalee.

"I'll explain later." Natalee put her hand on the siren's shoulder, "Come on. Aizawa will be okay. Let's get you and Izuku out of here." Natalee came up with the idea of using Midoriya's name to get the siren to listen, and it worked.

"Okay, yes." The siren turned around with Natalee and started running with the class.

"Son of a bitch," Takehiko said under his breath, waiting near the door. "I really hate that woman."

As the portal villain was going on about All Might, Zenn couldn't stop thinking about wanting to protect her human. She wanted to attack this villain so badly, but it looked as if he didn't have a body. How was she supposed to attack mist?

Before her brain could come up with something involving her quirks, Bakugo and Kirishima went full force after the villain. But, Zenn easily lost focus on the situation when she felt the backlash and heat of Bakugo's explosion. She hissed in pain this time and looked at her already pealing arm. The heat from the explosion dried out the rest of her arm and part of her chest. It was at that moment, Zenn realized she had a weakness. Not only a weakness but someone who could kill her with only one strong shot.

Before she knew it, she was falling from mid-air and heading straight down towards the water. "No. Not like this." She thought. She couldn't change in front of all these people. But she didn't have a choice the second her body plunged into the water with a splash.

Once she was in the water, she saw Izuku staring at her, and he looked relieved, while she looked at him with horror. He thought it was because of the villains that she looked scared, but once she started taking off her clothes and turning around, he realized it was for a different reason.

He was about to look away but the siren started screaming, and even in the water, he had to cover his ears. He watched as her skin turned a grayish color, and her hands were becoming webbed with extremely sharp nails. She screamed even louder as a huge fin was forming down her back where her spine is. He then saw her legs pulling themselves together and creating a fishtail with a sharp point in the middle.

The way she talks, hisses, eats only fish, and the way she treated him that first day all made sense now. Zenn isn't human. She's a real-life mermaid. He's seen numerous quirks and analyzed so many, but he's never seen anything like this, and it was one of the most beautiful things he's ever witnessed.

When Zenn turned around and seen Izuku, she slowly started to swim towards him. Her long brown hair flowing behind her, her big blue eyes staring at him as if he was the only being in the world. She truly had a glow around her. He completely forgot about the villain attack.

She remembered him and had no intention of hurting the boy as she swam closer. If anything, she wanted to show him who she truly was and finally put their foreheads together to show love and respect.