Chapter 18

Kishi laughed a little. "I believe it." Zenn looked at the man with furrowed eyebrows. He took off his jacket and placed it next to them on a seat. He then rolled up his shirt sleeve to reveal a mermaid tattoo on his bicep. "It's a mermaid tail." Zenn ran her fingers over the tattoo. It looked exactly like her tail. There was a triangle that had waves with the tail sticking out and stars above it to show the night sky. "I know it gets looked down upon, but it's a reminder of how lucky I am that I got a second chance."

"What do you mean?" The girl put her hand down and stared at the man.

"One day, I was fishing by myself, and I got caught in a net. I went overboard and thought I was a goner, you know?" Zenn nodded, anxious to know the rest of the story and what he knew. "I passed out for a minute, and somehow I ended up back on my boat. I thought it was a dream, but the net was still in the water, which was torn when I brought it back up. After all that, I looked into the distance and saw this tail. So, if you're wondering if I believe in mermaids, I do."

"Hope," Zenn said, under her breath with irritation. Hope's her sister, and she didn't want anything to hurt her. Nor did she want her sister risking their tribe's life by getting caught by some stupid fisherman.

"What?" The man put his jacket on.

"Nothing." Kishi gave a side look before stopping the boat and walking out to the deck.

"Hope..." The siren said her sister's name, again. It had to be her who saved the man. She wanted to know why her sister didn't say anything.

The more the siren thought, the more she got annoyed. She walked out to the other side of the boat and leaned over to tap the water. It stung her fingertips, but it did create the waves she was wanting. Just with the touch of the water, she was able to manipulate the ocean. She had the power of the sea at the very tips of her fingers.

The waves in front and by the side of the boat grew bigger and the siren walked over to the man who wasn't paying attention. He looked up at the female standing in front of him with no expression on her face. He looked behind him and noticed the waves, "Holy shit." He said before the boat rocked, and he started to lose his footing. She grabbed a thing of fishing rope, tying it around the man's arm, and poking a hole in the top of her papers with her knife. "What are you doing?"

"Sending a message." He looked at the teen with fear as the boat continued to rock back and forth but with more force.

The siren's training helped her balance on the rocking boat and was able to walk to the control room, which would keep her safe from the water.

She started the boat up, ready to leave him once he was in the sea, but she stopped when she saw him hanging from the side of the boat. Half his body was already in the water, and he was losing his grip. "Lorelei! Please!" He yelled. He had a look of panic, and something inside Zenn didn't feel right.

"I'll take you with me. Is that okay?" Mama asked the female the first day she was on land.

"You're real," Natalee said with shock on her face. "You're real. I can't believe the stories are true." The woman said still smiling. "I hope one day we can become friends. I'm Natalee. I guess...welcome to land." Zenn stood in the living room, just staring at the female before turning away and pressing all the buttons on the tv. "She's going to be a handful." Natalee said as Mama was rushing over to the siren to stop her smacking the tv.

"You are me," Zenn remembered when she found out Kirishima was part of her.

"We are alike. Secret safe with me. Always." Zenn promised All Might.

"I don't know what kind of relationship you have with Midoriya, but go. I can see the conflict in your eyes." Tsu said when Zenn truly felt a huge human emotion.