Chapter 14

Bakugo couldn't stand looking at her so helpless and in pain. The way she screamed and tightened her hands around the chains to pull them off made it clear to him that he had to do something. She kept trying to move around, but the chain on her bottom half tightened. They were leaving marks on the teenage siren.

Little explosions started going off on both his hands. "Bakugo, no!" Natalee yelled to the boy, but he didn't listen.

"Die!" He yelled, creating a huge explosion on the door to the tank room. The door opened, and all the researchers backed up to the far side of the room, while the soldiers had their guns pointed at the boy.

"Stop it. Put your guns down." Takehiko said to his team. "I knew something like this would happen." He shook his head.

"Get her out!" Bakugo yelled, trying to find a way to undo the siren's chains.

"Here. You wanna play Prince Charming..." Takehiko threw Bakugo a few keys. "Try getting the creature out without it attacking you." He smirked at the boy.

"You can't be serious?!" Natalee yelled while running to the tank. She stepped up onto the platform next to Bakugo.

"Dead serious." Mama placed her hand on the tank in front of the siren to see if she could calm her down with her presence. She then went to the other side of the platform to help the other two try and get the siren out of the cramped tank.

Bakugo stuck his hand slowly into the tank going to undo her bottom half chains, but the older woman stopped him. "No. They use their tails to kill a lot more than they do their teeth. She'd be able to impale you in a matter of a second." He took a deep breath cursing to himself on what the hell he was doing. Why risk his life for this girl?

He slowly stuck his hand into the cold salt water, praying she would recognize him. The last thing he wanted was to lose a hand or something. How was he supposed to become the Number 1 Hero with only one hand? He felt her hair wrap around his fingers and went to move it, but the girl moved her head to try and look at him. She made a hissing noise, but Bakugo didn't flinch. He internally was freaking out, but he had to stay calm as if he was with any other animal. "I feel the chain. Give me the key." He told Natalee as she went to give it to him. He slowly brought his hand up to grab it and went under to free the siren's wrist.

The siren felt the chain to her left wrist become undone, and she quickly moved it out of the way to grab the hand that freed her, but she was to slow. He had already back away from the tank before she untangled herself from it.

Bakugo threw the keys over to Mama and walked to the front of the tank to distract the siren from what her guardian was doing. He kept tapping on the glass and made little explosions go off, which would cause the girl to become frightened on the inside, but she showed anger on the outside. It was a lot different in her siren form. She always felt more powerful in her aquatic figure, since she was little and beat her sister in training. She felt superior that she was able to outsmart her older sister in things her sibling should be teaching her. "Done," Mama said, backing away from the tank.

Natalee looked frightened and was about to have a panic attack. "I don't know if I can do this." She took deep breaths. She wanted to help her friend, but she was also scared about being around her natural form. Zenn did look frightening up close, and it gave off a sense of uneasiness to some people.

"I'll do it," Bakugo said with no hesitation. "Why the hell am I doing this?" He asked himself. Mama threw him back the keys, and the siren didn't move at all. She was looking down at her wrists, noticing the marks that were made. Zenn didn't even notice that Bakugo had undone the other chain until she felt her tail hit the side of the tank. "How do we..."