Chapter 12: Together

After my parents met Spencer, they both gave approval and went back home after having some alone time with me. It was pleasant, and that's when I got a call from Spencer.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice cutting the word into two.

"Hey, Ashley. The team and myself are going to have a night out tonight, and-" I heard him take a deep breath. "I wanted you to be my date?"

He said it with so much question that I couldn't help but laugh. Spencer took my laugh the wrong way and he said, "Never mind-"

"No, I'll go. It's just cute the way you said it."

He coughed on the other end of the line and mumbled, "I'll pick you up in about an hour."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We went out to a bar and danced a little. Since I don't drink, I just made fun if the other people dancing. The men all ended up somewhere else, and that's when a guy approached Penelope, JJ, Emily and me.

I can't remember how is started, but I heard the flirt say, "Affirmative."

I smirked and rolled my eyes, shaking my head all the while. Emily added, "Oh, so you must have a badge that looks like mine!"

She pulled out her while JJ begged to differ. "No, it's gotta look like mine."

Penelope shook her head and said, "You guys are all wrong, it's just like mine!"

I looked at he flirt and asked, "Well, which is it?"

He became flustered and walked away after excusing himself. The four of us laughed and high-fived each other. Suddenly, their attention was on me.

"So, Ms. Hotchner, what's up with you and the doctor?" Penelope asked.

I blushed and looked away, searching the crowd for an escape. "N-Nothing!"

Emily snorted and said, "I'll believe that when Reid says he knows what Twilight is."

JJ bumped my shoulder and egged, "Come on, there's something!"

I sighed and tucked my black hair behind my ear and blushed. "Well..."

"And the truth comes out." Emily joked.

I smiled and touched my lips lightly. "When I got back at the BAU to be debriefed, we ended up kissing. We didn't talk much about it, but...I really think there's something between us. I'm not sure though."

JJ said, "I'm sure if you talked with him, he'd tell you that he is in love with you. Why don't you ask him on the drive home tonight?"

I nodded and looked at the three of them. My eyes welled with tears and I said, "Thank you for saving me."

They all 'awe'd and hugged me. I was feeling really sentimental right now, and nothing was better than three girlfriends hugging and comforting me. I felt at peace, at home. I felt...

Happy...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spencer and I bid our goodbyes an hour or so later, and it had gotten really cold. My cardigan helped but little, so Spencer offered me his coat like a gentleman. He really was a man that was gentle. He placed his coat around my bare shoulders. I stared into his eyes, and smiled.

"Spencer?"

He looked at me with a small smile and asked, "Ashley?"

I gulped and attempted to use my words. I licked my lips , his hands still on my shoulders.

"Did you sleep when I was kidnapped?"

He shook his head and looked up at the sky. "No. I couldn't knowing that you were in danger."

I gulped and asked, "What do you feel about me?"

He never looked down, which gave me the impression that what JJ had said was wrong. Tears welled in my eyes, and my stomach started tightening. My heart was literally breaking in the silence, and two tears rolled down my cheeks.

He still didn't say a word, so I started to walk away. My heels made no sound, and tears rolled down even faster. I was about to run, when I heard him say something.

I turned around and asked, "What?"

He looked at the ground and cleared his throat. "I love you."

I rubbed the tears from my eyes as he cane closer to me. I looked up at him and he wrapped his left hand around my wrist. He pushed my hands out of the way, and stared into my eyes. He bit his own lip and said, "I am in love with you, Ashley."

I tried to speak, but nothing came out.

"Ashely?" Spencer begged.

I couldn't say anything, so I acted.

I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him. I moaned and he placed his hands on my waist, pulling me close. I pressed my waist into him, wanting to be as close to him as I could. He left out a quiet moan and bit my lips lightly. I gave him entrance and it was like nothing else.

Again, bombs and fireworks didn't exist, but it was enough to make me happy. So happy that tears rolled down my soft cheeks, and as our tongues wrapped around each other, I was pressed against the wall of the bar.

Even though I didn't make it home that night, I knew that Spencer and I were together, and I was so thankful that I didn't leave with my parents that morning.

I knew that this place, Quantico, was going to bring something into my life. It brought me three girlfriends who helped save my life. It brought me closer with my Uncle. Living here helped me see that no matter skin tone, that anyone can be loved by Derek Morgan. Quantico brought me an everlasting friendship with Stella Barnes, and it brought me Spencer.

I couldn't ask for any more than that.