12

Vanessa and Mikey left the club after he caught her trying to escape and he takes her to a hotel. She looked around, trying to find a way to run when he takes off the cuffs. He gets out of the car and walks into the office, talking to the clerk. She looks around trying to find someone to call for help but Mikey comes back fairly quickly, walking to her side of the car. He opens the door and she winces when the cuff tugs on her already raw wrist. "We're going up to the room so you better not scream or try to run. Try anything and I'll fucking kill you" he says pulling out a pocket knife, placing the blade against her neck. She nods, trying to hold her breath so he won't cut her skin. He sighs, putting it in his pocket before taking a key out and removing the cuff from her wrist. She rubs it softly before stepping out of the car, her knees feeling weak from sitting for so long. He grabs her arm, pulling her toward the elevator and she looks at the office, seeing the clerk watching her. But he only smirks before turning away from her, making her heart sink. He wasn't going to help her.

He pulls her into the room and she looks around, trying to find anything she could use as a weapon. "Sit down," he says and she jumps before sitting on the corner of the bed. She wraps her arms over her chest protectively, as she looked anywhere but at him. "Are you hungry?" He asks her. She only glances at him before turning away, nodding slightly. He sighs, going over to the mini-fridge. She takes this chance to run toward the door, rushing to unlock it. She lets out a scream when he grabs her. "Shut the fuck up," he says throwing her on the bed. He gets on top of her, his hands covering mouth while the other struggles to fight off her punches and kicks. He pulls out a knife the holds it in front of her face, a look of anger on his own. "Scream again and I will rip your tongue out," he says through gritted teeth. At this point, she had tears in her eyes as his hand gripped her neck. He gets off of me and tries to collect himself as he puts the knife away. "I need to get you ready for tonight," he says. She looks at him, "What?" "I got a guy who's interested in you. We're heading to his club" he says, getting his things in order. Again that feeling of fear rose in her chest as she hugged her knees tightly against her chest. "I'll be back so don't even think of trying anything," he says before walking out of the room. Vanessa sighs, too exhausted to fight anymore. She takes the pillow and hugs it close to her chest. She exhales shakily wanting to be close to Chip again. She hasn't even been gone a whole day but she missed him so much. She longed to be safe in his arms again. She had faith that she would see him again but the fear of never finding him was overwhelming.

Chip pretty much spent the next two hours at Ronni and Maya's house talking and it was now rolling into the late evening. "So Chip, when did you say Vanessa was gonna be back?" Ronni says, obviously knowing Vanessa was taking longer than she'd hoped. I didn't blame her though, she doesn't even know me and she isn't sure I'm even telling the truth. "Uh I don't know, she said it'd be a while" She tried to keep a smile as she returned to the kitchen with Maya. I needed to think of something. I can't just stay here while Vanessa is out there. "I'll be right back" Chip calls out to them before walking out to his car. He pulls out his phone, unsure what he was trying to do. He looks through his phone, hesitant as he looks at the number that Vanessa used to call him. He pressed the number and places it to his ear. It rang a few times but soon the line is connected. "Vanessa?" He says but he only hears a chuckle. It was Mikey, "Hey man, long time no see" "Where's Vanessa you son of a bitch" "She's with me like she should be. You know, I gotta say I'm a little surprised how easy it was to get her to come with me. I figured she would've at least put up a fight" "You're a fucking psychopath" "And you're a fucking moron for thinking you were enough of a man to be with someone like Vanessa. She used you to get to California, that was all" "I'm gonna find you and when I do, you're dead" Chip says, gripping the phone angrily. "Good luck motherfucker. And say goodbye to Vanessa" He then hangs up the phone, and Chip shuts his eyes trying not to explode. But it was too much to handle as he slams his fist against the roof of the car, trying to at least blow off some steam. He places his phone back into his pocket, trying to steady his nerves as he heads back into the house. Ronni gives him a slight smile before sitting down on the couch. "You okay?" She asks. Chip sighs, unsure if he should tell her what was happening. He takes a second to consider and chooses to come clean. "No" he sits straight, looking at his hands "I uh may have lied earlier about Vanessa," he says and Ronni furrows her eyebrows, looking at him. "What?" "Vanessa is actually missing. We were heading to California to get away from her crazy ex-boyfriend but he found us and now he has her" "What?" She has a look of concern on her face, "I have no idea where she is and she told me that she would find a way to get away but I don't know what to else to do" "Oh my god" "She's here in town I just don't know where and when she managed to call me she told me to find her aunt" Ronni and Maya watch me concerned as I looked at my phone, feeling like I'm wasting time. "Should we call the police?" "No! No, they wouldn't find her in time. I just didn't want to keep lying to you guys" "It's alright, thank you for telling us. Is there any way we could help?" Chip sighs, "I'm not sure what I should be doing right now either"