Chapter XXXVIII

"You must unlearn what you have learned." - Yoda, from Collected Wisdom of the Jedi Masters

"I can't swim!" Mikey screamed as cold water started to soak into his boots. As water and mud kept on rushing into the Z-95, he panicked, terrified that death was coming for him. He thought of his happiest memory - the time Gerard took him to see his favorite band when he was a kid - and he closed his eyes, certain that all three of them were going down to the ship.

"Relax, Mikey," Pete said, strangely unfazed by all of the water gushing into the Z-95.

"But there's still water coming, and there could be sharks..."

"It's a swamp, not an ocean. We can stand in this."

Pete waded toward the door, and he propped it open. Mikey and Patrick followed him as he left the ship and climbed out of the swamp. The amount of water still made Mikey nervous, but Pete was right. It was shallow enough that he could walk to shore.

All three of them were dripping wet when they made it out, and their ship was wrecked, but at least they were alive. "Is my eyeliner running?" Pete asked as he turned toward Patrick and Mikey, his face smeared with black makeup.

"Maybe a little," Patrick said.

"Maybe a lot," Mikey said.

"I should fix that," Pete said, pulling out an eyeliner pen.

"We should find Yoda first," Patrick said. "That's what we're here for, after all."

"But my eyeliner..."

"Yoda won't care if your eyeliner's running."

"Do you care?"

Patrick kissed Pete's cheek and then said, "You're always beautiful, Pete. Even when your makeup's running."

Mikey rolled his eyes. He liked hanging out with Pete and Patrick, but they could be just as sickening as Frank and Gerard sometimes. "Come on, guys," he said. "Let's go find Yoda."

Mikey wandered through the trees, and Pete and Patrick followed him. However, he soon realized that he had no idea where he was going. "Hey, do you know where on Dagobah Yoda is supposed to be?" he asked.

"No idea," Patrick said.

"He might not even be on this planet," Pete said. "Obi-Wan just said he was in the Dagobah system."

"Unless Yoda can somehow survive on a planet with seven hundred degree heat and a toxic atmosphere, I'm pretty sure he's here," Patrick said.

"I don't know. If anyone can do it, Yoda can."

"This Yoda guy must be pretty incredible," Mikey said.

"He used to be the Grandmaster," Patrick said. "He taught all of us how to use the Force, and he's gotten me through some tough times."

"And he's almost 900 years old!" Pete exclaimed.

"His species is very long-lived," Patrick said.

"That's neat," Mikey said as he looked around at their surroundings. There were trees and vines everywhere, and Mikey constantly found himself stepping into puddles, as if his feet weren't wet enough already. The wildlife was interesting though - he'd already spotted some insects and slugs, along with a massive, black bird. His most exciting find, however, was a green creature with wrinkled skin and huge ears waiting in the distance. He stepped toward the creature, hoping to get a closer look.

"Mikey, where are you going?" Patrick asked.

"I saw a neat-looking swamp creature over there," Mikey said.