Chapter 15

I woke to the sound of heavy foot banging on the floor and echoing all through out the house. "Rach-" Someone screamed but it was cut of and replaced by muffled screams. I got up and panicked. I had no idea what was going on. I heard a thwack coming from the hallway. "Trip!" Lisa screamed. I paced the room silently, thinking.

"We know you are in their! Come out with your hands up!" I heard a menacing shout from the hall way. A gun shot rang out. "TRI-" Lisa screamed again only to be cut off by what must have been a hand clasped around her mouth. I heard her muffled cries. Please no. Don't let Trip be dead.

I had to get out of here . Puzzled i t. Trying to come up with plan. The envelope, the thought raked my brain. I reached in the drawer and tore the envelope open. In it was a switch blade and a key. Thank you, Ash. If you're still alive. 

I flipped the switch blade open and held it in a defensive posture, the key, cold, in my other hand. I was suddenly thankful for my training, not sure how long I would last. I had no idea what was behind that door. And if I did get out I wouldn't know where i was. And i couldn't possibly return home, could I?

"Open the door or we are coming in!" The voice yelled.

I walked to the door and stood in a stance so that my knife was hidden and i could unlock the door. The door swung open ad outside stood not a man but a monster. A scaly green lizard like humanoid thing with piercing red eyes looked at me. 

"Looks like we found dinner," When he spoke a snake like black tongue slid in and out of his mouth, Behind him a I saw didn't see Trip. I saw his body. All signs of life have left his body. His pale eyes stared lifeless into nothingness. Blood trickled from his head and pooled on the floor. 

"Finally," A hair wolf like man said. Lisa sat in front of him on the floor, his mangy, furry hand held across her mouth. He looked at me then moved his gaze to her.

Right before it happened I saw him grin at me with his razor sharp yellow teeth. SNAP. LIsa fell to the ground dead before she could even react. I felt  as if the image of them was burned into my mind. Now isn't the time. You have to fight.  The lizard man grabbed me and dragged my down the hall way. I attempted to fight, thrashing my legs and arms violently, but i couldn't get free.  Come on, th-

With out even time to finish the thought the lizard man threw me down the stairs. With a cry i fell and landed at the bottom of the stairs. Pain shuddered through my body Damn. I had lost the knife on the way down the stairs. In my other hand was the key.

God damn it. Couldn't have held on to something more useful? I cursed my hand. I stood up with i limp. I must have at least sprained my ankle. 

In the living room Ash and Tess were being held by two other men. The one holding Ash was deathly pale with no hair at all. Scars racked all across his face. The other man holding Lisa looked like a fish. He had big bulging orange eyes and florescent blue skin. He seemed so unnatural. Each had a silver, gleaming knife to their throat. "Rachel!" Ash gasped. The man holding him put more pressure on the knife and Ash flinched. 

"We have her. You can dispose of them." The lizard man said quickly with a flick of his wrist., 

"NO!" I screamed. MY throat burning from the sudden screech. I got up but i couldn't reach them in time. I knew i wouldn't reach them in time. My stomach lurched, turning inside out. The moment was burned into my irises.

It was all over quickly. So quickly.. Ash and Tess fell to their knees blood pouring out from their bodies. I knelt by Ash. "No. Wake up. Please wake up." I glanced at Tess. "Please." But i knew the harsh reality. They weren't going to wake up. They were never going to wake up, ever. My heart felt like i whole had been punched through it. 

I know it seems silly. I had only known them for a while but after meeting them, maybe not by will, I hadn't felt as alone. And now it was gone. 

It was as if reality had slapped me in the face. I felt tears race down my cheeks. They were my family. And now they had been pulled out from underneath me. 

"R...u...n.." Some one croaked. I looked up. Ash smile weakly. Pain corrupted his face as the last of his life left his eyes. Ash was gone. It was just a bod. Staring as blankly as Trips body had done. As blankly as Tess's body is doing now. As LIsa's had looked. Th life ripped out of them by these horrible men.

I jumped up and kicked the lizard man in the gut and ran for the door. I jammed the key into the lock. The door whooshed open and  I ran out into the darkness of the night. I ran. And i kept running. I didn't look back.

A shot rang out into the silence. My legs buckled and i fell to the dew covered grass. A sharp pain sprung from my back and pulsed throughout my entire body. I got up and crawled but was soon pushed back down as the wolf man kicked me. 

The four creatures stood around me in a square. "What a waste of a meal." 

Another gun shot rang out. Their faces was the last thing I saw. The wet freshly mowed grass wash the last thing I smelt. And 'I guess i will never see my mother again' was the last thing I thought. Then there was nothing.