Chapter 2

Tessa Gray

It ended up being Cecy who showed me the way to my room. The house they had was surprisingly big. But only Cecy and Will lived there. Jem lived on his own, Sophie lived with her boyfriend Gideon, and Gabrial lived in accompaniment with them. The house had 3 spare bedrooms. I would only be staying here for a little while, or at least until I could find a place of my own. Unless Will kept me here. I would enjoy watching him try.

After I yelled at Cecy a couple more times for throwing me a party, I finally started to unpack. I could hear Jem and Will downstairs playing Xbox, and Cecy and Sophie texting and laughing while they were setting the party up, and talking about their relationships. I put all my clothes away and started to unpack my carry on luggage. In there, I found my phone. I look and see that Izzy and Clary have called, figures since they were my best friends in New York. Along with Jace, Alec, Magnus, and Simon. I liked Maia too, but we never hang out anymore. I grabbed my phone and called Clary's phone. She picked up on the third ring.

"HELLO MISS I NEED TO MOVE BACK TO LONDON BECAUSE I WANT TO GO BACK TO WHERE I USED TO LIVE GIRL" Jace yelled into the phone. I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing. Then I thought of something really quick.

"HELLO MISTER I'M IN LOVE WITH CLARY BUT I THOUGHT SHE WAS MY SISTER THEN SHE WASN'T AND THEN I STARTED DATING HER AGAIN GUY."

I could here Clary yelling in the background at Jace and I, mostly at Jace but still. Jace was probably holding the phone over his head so Clary couldn't reach it.

"JACE GIVE ME THE GOD DANG PHONE" Clary shouted. He laughed some more, but I guess he gave up because she kissed him. She was out of breath when she finally talked to me. I burst into a fit of giggles. We talked for about fifteen minutes about London, and how things were back in New York. I heard a knock on the door, and I yelled come in. Jem came in, his sharp angular cheek bones were perfect. Jem was always so sweet, and kind, and gentle. I don't think I have ever seen him angry.

"Clary I will call you tomorrow, I got to go."

"What?"she whined, "but we just started talking."

"We've been talking for fifteen minutes."

"Fine, but you better call me tomorrow."

I heard a crumpling sound on the other end of the phone. "Love you!"

"I know you do, everyone does." A voice I immediately recognized. Jace. Again.

"Shut up Jace. Talk to you tomorrow."

I sighed as I hung up the phone. Jem looked at me with concern, then smiled and sat down next to me on the bed. He rubbed my back in a comforting way.

"Everything alright?" he asked, his silver eyes questioning.

"Yeah, just can't believe I'm back home. It just seems different."

"That is why it is fun. If you want, I can take you on a tour so you can remember."

"That's is what Will said but then he finished with or to your bed. How can you manage him? I can't believe how much you take from him."

"No one manages Will."

"True."

A sudden voice rang out from the doorway, it was Will's. "Having your annual Will's a lunatic meeting?"

"It is biannual, and no it isn't that meeting. We were discussing that we should give Tessa a tour before seven."

"It's a splendid idea, if I do say so myself." Will said dramatically.