chapter 3-the party

Cecy Herondale

Tessa had a look of awe on her face when she arrived. She then softened it to surprise. Sophie and I had been working for four hours on it. Gabrial and Gideon had come over, and helped us set it all up. Then we talked for a little while. It wasn't long until Tessa, Jem, and Will had come home. Will had a bag of Doritos in his hands. I now see why Tessa and Jem wanted to have me get the Doritos, to tick Will off. It did, in fact. He was yelling at himself over the Doritos. We all were laughing at him, and Tessa and Jem shouted at him in between fits of laughter.

"Your welcome Will!!" Tessa, Jem and I shouted at him.

"Shut up!" he scowled.

Tessa Gray

I couldn't help it, I was laughing at him so hard already. I didn't think I could laugh any more than I already have. After about an hour of talking and watching movies, Gabrial, Gideon and Sophie agreed to stay the night. I wandered up to my room to call Izzy. She picked up on the first ring.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME EARLIER? WHAT THE HELL?" she yelled at me.

"I'm sorry. I have been so busy. I called Clary earlier, and Jace held the phone the phone away from her, but there is this guy that I think Jace would be really good friends with."

"Oh. And who is that?"

"His name is Will."

I heard someone at the doorway, and I turned to look to see who it was. I should have known.

"Talking about me, I should have guessed." Will grinned.

"Shut up Will." I smirked.

"And may I ask, who are you talking too?"

"My friend Isabelle. Now go away."

"Pretty name, is she hot?"

"I told you to go away!"

"You didn't answer my question."

"She is absolutely stunning." I replied with exasperation. Isabelle giggled on the phone.

"Is she single?" He kept going.

"No she isn't. And you don't even know her."

"Maybe I'd like to get to know her. Is she a shadowhunter?"

"The best."

"But not better than me because I'm the best."

"No she is WAY better. Now go away."

"Send her my number."

"In your dreams would I do that."

Will smirked and stalked out of the room. Isabelle was laughing on the other end of the phone.

"Now do you see what I mean?" I asked her.

"Yeah,do you know when we can come up? I am dying to see you again!!!"

"I don't know exactly, maybe in the next few days, but let me find out for sure before you start packing. I know you Isabelle. You are going to go start right when I end this call."

"Shut up."

"I got to go, I will talk to you later. Love you."

"Love you too."

"Bye"

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and went back downstairs. Will wasn't there, a wave of relief washed over me. Sophie was snuggled up to Gideon. And Cecy was laying on Gabrial on the floor. Jem sat all alone on the couch with a Pepsi in one hand. I walked over and sat next to him. I put my head on his shoulder and curled up next to him. He put his empty arm around me.

"Where is Will?" I asked him.

"Who knows, he probably went to a bar. That is just how he is these days. He wanders off and he doesn't come home for a little while."

"Do you mind me laying here?"

"Not at all."

With that, I curled up next to him and watched the movie. I soon felt my eyes starting to droop closed.

"Goodnight Jem." I muttered.

He planted a kiss on the top of my head. "Goodnight Tessa."