2. Silver Platter

It was cold when I woke up. I sighed and felt around for the blanket before wrapping myself in it more. I didn't need to open my eyes to know I was alone, it was expected at this point. 

It was raining again and the gentle tapping of water against glass was lulling me back to sleep. 

Closing my eyes, I listened to the wind and rain hitting the nearby window. I couldn't bring myself to enjoy it though, quiet never meant anything good in the past; why would it now?

Holding the blanket to my chest, I sat up slowly and looked over my shoulder.  Just past the window, dark clouds hung low as they let their contents fall. Sunlight was peering through the heavy clouds, creating the beautiful sight of rays. 

I smiled softly at the sight and sat up properly. I let the blanket fall and stretched my arms up, then out. A small grunt pushed past my lips at the popping of my shoulders. I sighed happily as they loosened and put my hands in my lap as I continued to watch the rain. 

I held my stomach when it grumbled out its hunger and pursed my lips slightly. Scanning the room for the familiar silver platter, I came up empty handed and started to chew on my lip. My attention drifted towards the bedroom door, focusing on the dark wood. It was usually here before I woke up. 

Flipping the blankets back, I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. I touched my toes to the floor and instantly brought my foot back up at the chill from the wood. I sighed and planted my feet on the ground before pushing myself off the bed. I shivered a bit and scanned the room for my personal heater, "Marshmallow?" 

I straightened out the blankets and started to chew on my lip when he wasn't wrapped up in them. I made my way to the bathroom and pushed the door open, "Marshmallow?" I scanned the room again and closed the door slowly, "Where are you hiding little guy?"

I made my way back to the bed and got on my knees. I lifted the edge of the sheet and looked underneath the bed frame. I smiled softly and chuckled when I found him chewing on one of his toys, "Are you cold?"

I wiggled my fingers a bit and his attention turned towards me. I smiled softly and kept wiggling my fingers, "Come here. Let's warm eachother up..."

He made his way closer and I scooped him up when he was in reach. I nuzzled into his fluff and moved to sit, holding him on my lap. 

I decided to wait there until breakfast arrived, which was still late. 

I sighed through my nose and watched the door as I smoothed down Marshmallows fur. 

My stomach growled again and I sighed softly. My head throbbed, making me grunt again as I held it. I moved the rabbit from my lap and pushed myself up. I went to the pitcher sitting on the coffee table and poured myself a glass. I made my way to the dresser supporting the TV as I sipped from the crystal glass and opened the top drawer. 

I found a pair of fluffy socks in my belongings and closed the drawer again. I set the glass down before sliding them on. I was already feeling warmer. 

I looked at the door again and narrowed my eyes slightly.

Did Todoroki forget to order me breakfast?

Letting my hand drag across the top of the dresser, I made my way closer to the door. 

I turned the handle slowly and opened the door gently. I let it swing open more when no one was there. The hallway lights were off as well, which was a first.

I looked up and down the hallway as I leaned against the closed door. It felt emptier than usual, like there wasn't anyone in the building.

"What will Todoroki think about dating a murderer?"