Chapter 1 - Speak Now

Hi Readers,

Thank you for giving this book a chance, I promise you won't regret picking it up! 
Suggested Playlist: Speak Now by Taylor Swift

Juliette Leclaire's POV

"Miss, would you like a glass of champagne?" The waiter asked with a tray of champagne in his hand.

"Yes, please." I slurred without hesitation even though I had already lost count on the number of glasses I took.

I held my breath and sent the whole glass of champagne washing down my throat within a split second. Alcohol is probably the only remedy to numb my pain and wash my sorrow away for now.

Forget him, forget him!

I recited this line countless times in my mind but it was to no avail when I caught a glimpse of him. I simply lost all reins of control within me purely by the sight of his 6.8ft tall figure. The temptation was even harder to fight as I watched his masculine back bathed in the glow of the stained glass window.

I know it's so wrong, but it's now or never...

I breathed in hard and mustered every single ounce of courage within me as I staggered my way up to him, my one and only crush since young, my soon to be brother-in-law, Romeo Morgan.I steadied my stance behind him and threw him a verbal diarrhoea confession of mine as I squinted my eyes shut nervously, "Romeo... I know... I know it's not right for me to say this at your wedding, but... I can't deny that I have always been madly in love with you."

I never wanted to be a drama queen but the overwhelming wave of emotions within me caused my voice to quiver as I spewed out my deepest kept secret to him, "I thought it would be okay to watch you marry my sister, I thought I would get over with you... but... god, I never knew it would hurt me so much... I love you, Romeo."

He lowered the glass of champagne in his hand and a deafening silence ensued between us. I held my head low nervously, my face warmed rapidly as I anticipated a forthcoming wave of embarrassment to slap upon me.

Shit! What have I done?!

"I...I'm sorry, it...it must have been the alcohol," I tried to explain, looking like a complete fluster mess I bet.

Without hesitation, I was ready to jet pack my way out of his sight, out of this embarrassing situation that I had dug for myself. I turned my back swiftly but I was halted from leaving when I felt his manly grip around my arm and a sudden tug spun me around, thrusting myself against the slab of his solid chest.

"Ro...Romeo?" I uttered out of confusion, but before I could even lift my head against his tall towering statue to figure out what was happening, his lips were sealed against mine forcefully!Oh gosh! What's happening?! Wait... is this really happening?!