Chapter 12 - An Unchartered Venture

*Juliette Leclaire's POV*

"Alright, I'm ready to go for work, are you ready?" I asked as I stepped out of the bathroom.

"I'm long ready," He said as he turned around in his suit with a head of hair combed back neatly.

He got me stunned for a moment as his leonine statuesque in the suit looked exactly like the powerful CEO who carried a commanding presence that I first knew five years ago.

"You like what you see?" He clicked his tongue and winked as he pointed to himself.

Ok, no, I was wrong. He is still that dork.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring him as I grabbed my bag and headed towards the door.

"I've got Tim to drive us to work today, I'm sure the media would want coverage of us going to work together on the first day," He explained as we walked out from his apartment.

"I know what to do," I gave him my best-plastered smile once again.

Rogan was right, cameras began flashing on us the moment we alighted from the car in front of the Morgan's building. I had no choice but to act along with Rogan as I held him by his arm when he offered it to me, not forgetting to smile blissfully at each other for the cameras that were flashing away.

"Well done," He complimented me upon entering the lift.

I exhaled heavily after a tiring act, "We can't do this forever though."

"You don't have to," He said.

"Huh?" I baffled.

"You don't have to as long as you take this marriage for real," He turned to me and said.I dropped him a straight face as I retorted, "We're done with this topic."

The moment we stepped out of the elevator, I told him I had to go back to the CFO's department to continue with my work.

"Er... no?" He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"It's my first day returning to work after five years, I definitely need someone to get me to familiarise with things again. Besides, I'm pretty sure you are the best candidate to turn to?" He explained.

As much as I desperately want time away from him, I had no choice but to help him. After all, I don't want him to ruin whatever efforts that Romeo had put into this company. I shall safe-keep his efforts until one day Romeo returns.

"Alright," I agreed after contemplation and we headed into the CEO's office together.