Chapter 17 - The Kiss of Affection

*Two days later*

*Juliette Leclaire's POV*

After much care given by Rogan, I finally recovered and felt much better for work.

"Honey, are you sure you are feeling better now?" Rogan asked me questionably as he placed his hand over my forehead and checked for the third time since this morning when I woke up.

In the past, I would have felt irked whenever he touches me, but now... I'm enjoying the warmth of his manly hand against the touch of my skin.

"Yes, I am," I assured him. Even if I'm not, I would still want to go to work with him because I don't want to wait up at home for him when I just can't wait to spend more time with him.

This is what happens when I fall in love. I fall hard like a hopeless romantic.

"Your tie isn't straight," I said as I noticed it wasn't done properly.

"Really?" He looked down and checked as his hands got ready to retie it.

I stopped his hands from doing it and that got him startled for a moment.

"Let me do it for you," I said in a blushful manner that I can't help now that I have feelings for him.

I tip-toed against him, and just as I was straightening his tie for him, his hands suddenly encircled around my waist and that got my whole body leaned against him.

"Do my tie for the rest of my life just like this, would you?" He breathed down to me in his deep velvety voice.

I know he is a glib talker, but I can't help smiling to every word of his.

"Huh? What did you say?" I pretended.

"I said BUTTERFLIES," He stressed and then he sniggered to himself.

How dare he brings up my confession to tease me!

"Rule number 5, never ever mention that word again!" I stormed my way to the door as my temples flushed in embarrassment.

*That night*

"Hey, mom, what's going on?" I whispered as I crept out of the bed discreetly to receive a call from my mother in the middle of the night.

"Juliette, we need you to return to Chicago urgently, just for a week at least," My mother sounded distressed as she said it.

"Sure, I will let Rogan know, what happened?" I asked with much concern.