Chapter 7 - 5 years ago (3) One Step Late

Hi Readers,

I know you all can't wait for this "5 years ago" part to be over and get back to the part on Juliette with Rogan, but I assure you these chapters are critical for the development of the story in the later part. So please read on and hang in there as I have kept this part of the story as short and sweet as possible!

——————————————————————

*Juliette Leclaire's POV*

I looked up at the gloomy sky that was threatening to rain at any point of time and cursed, "Damn it, I should have brought an umbrella out."

"Hi, Romeo, I've got the report with me now," I answered my phone while power walking out from the building of our finance partner as this important report is needed in an hour time for the board meeting and the last thing I would need is to get this report drenched.

"Alright, that's great. Where are you now?" Romeo asked, sounding concerned.

"I'm.. Ouch!" I was cut off from my conversation when I tripped over and fell hard onto the pavement.

"Ouch..." I winced in pain as I scrambled to pick myself up.

"Hello?" I quickly picked up my phone to continue my conversation with Romeo, only to realise it has been damaged from the fall I had.

With the heaviness in the air signalling a daunting downpour, I exasperated at how ridiculous this day could get.

I limped down to the side of the pavement and frantically tried to flag down a cab, but it was to no avail as none was in sight.

God, it can't get any worse than this right...

Just when I flashed this thought in my mind, a heavy downpour of rain ensued after a bolt of lightning and a roar of thunder.

There I stood in the mercy hands of rain and whips of wind. My first instinct was to shaft the important report into my blazer before it got drenched.

I squinted my eyes and tried to limp my way back to Morgan's building as quickly as possible. But the pain from the sprain was just unbearable.

*Rogan Morgan's POV*

"Tim, roll back up to the sidewalk," I commanded Tim when I saw Juliette limping down the street, drenched under a heavy downpour.

"Hold on a second Sir, let me get you an umbrella," Tim replied as soon as he parked the car by the sidewalk.

"You catch up later," I grabbed my blazer and got off the car immediately.