Chapter 13 - Visiting Morgan's Parents

*A few days later*

*Juliette Leclaire's POV*

"How do I look?" I took in a deep breath and asked Rogan once again when I stepped out of the car to his parent's mansion.

"Relax, you look great," He reassured me.

"You know I can't help feeling uptight, after all, I wasn't their choice of candidate for being their daughter-in-law, I'm not sure how are they taking it," I said while feeling the queasiness building in my stomach.

"Neither am I your choice of husband, but I'm still doing fine in front of you," He smirked."You wish," I retorted at how he could still tease me at this point.

"Come on, let's go," He offered his arm for me to hook on as we walked into the mansion.Alright, here comes another shot at acting again.

This same extravagant place that I have been to two months ago no longer felt the same as what I felt when I first stepped in, this place now just brings me daunting memories of how Romeo broke my heart when he agreed to marry Julius.

"I'm glad you found your way home," Rogan's mother walked up to us in the dining room. This time around, Rogan's father is already seated in the dining room too.

I tightened my grip around Rogan's arm as I felt nervous meeting his parents.

"Yes, I did, along with my wife too," He smiled.

"Good evening, Mr and Mrs Morgan," I nodded shyly at them.

"Save on the formality my dear, you're our daughter now," She smiled back at me and that gave me a wave of relief.

As we sat on the dining table, Rogan's father, on the other hand, seems to be really cold towards us. His face was blackened as soon as he saw Rogan. I'm guessing he was still mad at Rogan for his sudden resignation five years ago or perhaps his playboy lifestyle ticked his nerves?

"So I'm guessing marriage life has got to be somewhat hard for you two, after all, it was unfair to you two. Not to worry, we know this is all for an act, we will find a way to dissolve this marriage without affecting either party," Mrs Morgan said.

Honestly, I should be over the moon to hear this great piece of news but somehow I wasn't really feeling ready to end this yet?

"No, mother, you don't have to dissolve this marriage," Rogan protested.

What? Why? Why wouldn't a playboy like him seize the opportunity to be single again?

"You will do what you are told to," Mr Morgan broke his silence with his raised voice.

I knew it... They never wanted me as their daughter-in-law.