Chapter 2 - Runaway Bride

Dear Readers,
Thank you for reading beyond Chapter 2 and for giving this story a chance!
This is where the climax begins, don't skip it!
——————————————————————---------------------------------------------

Juliette Leclaire's POV

Beaten up by what just happened, I made my way back to the bridal's suite with a heavy heart to fulfil my duty as Julius's bridesmaid.

I felt guilty and ashamed for even having the slightest thought of snitching up on her husband-to-be.

This is definitely not right, definitely not my style, and definitely not what I expected myself to be.

I took in a deep breath to reconsolidate my thoughts and finally convinced myself to resign to fate.

I walked towards Julius who sat in front of the vanity table quietly in her shimmery splash of a white bridal gown.

Even though we are both amber blondes, but the way her hair plunged over her shoulder just makes her looks way more gorgeous than I could ever be. Her glossy skin, her delicately sculpted features and her pair of constellation-green eyes, it's no wonder why Romeo's parents chose Julius over me. She had a bouncy personality while I was just studious, I had nothing to offer about myself.

However, despite all these perfections, she looked somewhat lost and troubled, it's definitely a stark contrast from when I have last seen her in high spirits about an hour ago.

Oh no... Did Rogan really spill the beans to her?

"Julius, are you okay?" I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Yea...? Ya, I'm fine, just feeling jittery," She replied but her eyes seemed watery.

"You don't have to worry, Romeo is great man, you're going to be in good hands," I reassured her. Even though I can't have Romeo to myself, I will be equally happy for Julius, because I know Romeo would be a wonderful husband to her.

"I'm sorry..." Julius dropped her head and muttered.

"Silly, what are you sorry for? There's nothing you need to be sorry for at this moment."

She sniffed and then she wiped the rolling tears that were threatening to ruin her make up. She recomposed herself and asked, "Juliette, could you help me get my bridal veil from the other room down the hallway?"

"Alright, sure, I will get it done now," I replied and left the room almost immediately.

"There you are," I picked up the veil and made my way out of the room. Then I heard a wave of commotion going on just right outside of Julius's bridal suite.

"Where is she?!" My father questioned the servants who were outside the room in his thunderous voice.