Chapter 6 - 5 Years Ago (2) The Mix Up

*CFO's office*

Juliette Leclaire's POV

After the interview ended, we were all ushered immediately to our reporting venue for our work. From there, I was received by a beautiful man, his features were so delicately pronounced as though they were sculpted from the hands of a highly-skilled craftsman from the renaissance period.

My awe moment of his beauty was abruptly interrupted when he came forth and placed his palm against my forehead as examined me from top to toe with a baffled look, "Hmm... no fever, her mental state seems to be normal, what could it be then?"

Taken aback by his abrupt behaviour, I stepped backwards and questioned him, "Huh?"Then Romeo popped out from his office and spoke across the office as he walked over to us, "Jared, I don't think that's how you should welcome our new intern."

"Romeo, forgive me, but you should know how rare it is for anyone to volunteer themselves to this god's forsaken place, unless they are forced to, or something is wrong with their head," Jared said nonchalantly. Though it was really rude of him to say that, but somehow it didn't felt offensive. At the same time, I can't help feeling there was just this feminine touch to his mannerism...

Romeo shook his head and sniggered at Jared's comment. Then he turned to me and apologised, "Sorry, Ms Leclaire, Jared meant no offence, he is just being him.""Oh, it's okay. You can just call me Juliette by the way." I smiled.

"Alright, Juliette, welcome to the CFO's office, a pleasure to have you here," Romeo revealed a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of warmth that comes with it as he extended his hand and I returned his firm handshake of warm manly hands. Then he continued, "This is Jared Sanders, one of the old-timer here, also my cousin, feel free to approach him for any help if you need."

"Nah... I'm just the rainbow sheep of the Morgan family and Romeo just happen to be a good samaritan to offer me a place of refuge here," Jared placed his elbow on top of Romeo's shoulder in a lax manner. Their sense of camaraderie was quite strong from the body language they exuded.

Rainbow sheep? So my guess was right.

After just a few weeks of internship, I found myself settling in comfortably into the CFO's office. Apparently, Jared's performance at work is remarkably steady and strong behind his lax front. Not only was he friendly, but he was also very willing to show me the ropes when I needed guidance, I definitely learned a lot from him. Even though being in the CFO's office is a strenuous job that requires the exercise of intensive meticulousness over piles of figures and data, everyone in the CFO's office seems pretty happy with being here and I think the reason for this is largely because of the way that Romeo runs and lead his office.

I have never seen such a humble boss who dugs his head into work way much more than his subordinates as most bosses would usually abuse their authority and outsource a bulk of their work to their subordinates. He leads us with a clear direction and respects his staff, giving credit to the deserving staff. Over time, I don't know when this admiration that I have for him gradually morphed into a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I see him.