Chapter 3 - Nightmare

Juliette Leclaire's POV

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride now." The solemniser announced.

No! No! Noooo!

I threw a solid punch right into Rogan's face when his puckered lips leaned towards me.

"Ouch!" A thunderous voice followed by a loud thud shook me back to reality.

I opened my eyes and found myself in the bed of my sister's bridal suite. I was still trying to catch my breath as I wiped the cold sweat off my face.

Was this just a dream? Thank god, this was just a dream...

Just when I broke into a wide smile of relief, a man stood up from the edge of my bed. It didn't take me long to register that he was none other than Rogan.

"That sure was one hell of a sucker punch, woman!" Rogan rubbed the left side of his cheek as he picked himself up from the floor. He was still in his groom's suit, without his jacket, but he had his sleeves rolled up to his muscular forearm and his shirt was unbuttoned down to his mid chest.

Ok, he looks hot, but does this mean the nightmare was real?!

When that moment of realisation sets in, an instant wave of cold shiver swept across my whole body, and I felt sick in the stomach.

"Are you okay?" He sat down by the edge of the bed and tried to check on me but I immediately sprawled away from him, using the pillow as my only form of defence against him.

"How did this happened? Where's Romeo?!" My voice trembled as I broke into hysterical tears.

"Alright, relax, would you?" He raised both of his arms in the air as he backed off.

"Firstly, you fainted the moment we got out of the chapel. Secondly, we couldn't find Romeo before the wedding, so that's how it happened." He explained nonchalantly.

"How could you do that? That's deceiving!" I yelled back.

"Oh, so now me standing in for my brother is deceiving? But you standing in for Julius isn't?" He retaliated, giving me the ridiculous look.

Darn it... why do I always end up being shamed by him?!

"Lost for words? Or do you have something to do with Julius's disappearance?" His cold eyes pierced through me.

"Of course not! I never wanted to do this if not for... you wouldn't understand..." I hung my head low in defeat.

Being married to this asshole already made me felt pathetic, and now I still have to be maligned by him. The reality now was just too hard a pill for me to swallow.