Chapter 12: Jealous temptations

"We're going as fairies Mia. That's my final decision," Minnie stated, popping an olive into her mouth as Mia hummed distractedly.

"Hot fairies don't get me wrong," she continued to ramble as she scrolled through the Pinterest board she had made for some inspiration on their Halloween costumes for Friday.

But Mia wasn't listening, in fact the whole day she hadn't done much listening. She was busy trying to focus on acting completely normal, and in doing so feeling so aware of acting normal that she felt anything but normal.

A tray appeared in front of her and she looked up to see Hunter and the boys taking their seats at the lunch table.

"I already have my salad." Mia frowned at Hunter as he dropped his own tray in front of him.

"And yet you've only picked out the carrots from it. No you're going to eat real food." He said matter of factly, while Mia looked down at the food on the tray.

There was a yogurt cup, a can of lemonade, a large club sandwich and a slice of apple pie. The sight of all that food immediately brought on a nervous flutter in her stomach and she looked into his eyes, suddenly feeling small.

He watched her reaction and sighed, reaching over to pulled her head close to him so he could plant a soft kiss on her forehead,
"You don't have to eat all of it M, just start with the sandwich," he whispered against her temple and she nodded.

"How are you guys feeling about the game on Friday ?" Mac piped up, making Hunter turn away from Mia and back to his food,
"Captain?" He gestured to Ryan,

"It's looking good Mac the boys are in good form this year." Ry answered through his mouthful of apple.

"Ry don't chew with your mouth full." Minnie said, her nose scrunching up in disgust.
"Sorry," he chuckled sheepishly.

Mac looked up from his fries and turned to Hunter who was watching Mia feebly pick up her sandwich,
"Hey I've been meaning to ask you Miller. A little birdy told me that you hooked up with Andrea at the party last Friday night." Mia immediately froze mid-bite, the image of Andrea straddling her best friend in his bed flashing through her mind. Minnie and Ryan's eyes went straight to Mia then gave each other a look.

"I thought you were done with her." Mac continued, oblivious to the slight tension in the air.
"Uh no. No we didn't hook up," Hunter replied, his eyes glancing sideways at Mia, "No actually I was just in my room and she just barged in, drunk out of her mind, then sort of just pushed me on the bed and climbed on top of me."

"Yikes." Ryan muttered,

"I got rid of her straight away though. Got a DD to get her home safe." Hunter continued, and Mac raised his hands in surrender,
"Hey bro, relax. You don't have to explain yourself to me." He chuckled,

"I just hate rumors that's all. I barely even touched her." The more he spoke the more calm Mia began to feel.

So he hadn't hooked up with anyone right after their fight.

"Well shit, can't blame a guy for wanted a bit of drama in his life. I mean where's the flavor!" Mac complained.

"Well looks like drama herself may be approaching right now," Ryan muttered under his breath, resting his forehead in his hands.

They all shared a moment of confusion before a voice piped up from behind Hunter.

"Hey Hunter, can I talk to you?" Andrea herself stood there in her tight fitted uniform and designer handbag looking made up to perfection.

Mia's annoyance was immediate, what the hell did she want?

"What is it Andrea?" Hunter asked her flatly as she position herself in the space between Hunter and Ryan's bodies.

"Well, I was just talking about extra credit with Mr. Howards to improve my grades. And he suggested that I got a tutor. Obviously since you're the best student in English Lit your name was first on the list." She said with a smile that Mia recognized was her flirting face.

If he tutored her then they would have to spend a proportionate time together. Alone. Which gave Andrea the perfect opportunity to seduce him like Mia knew she would.

They were all watching the interaction with barely concealed interest, Mac especially looking like he needed a bag of popcorn, even people who weren't on their table cast curious glances at Hunter and his ex talking face to face.

Jealousy burned in the pit of Mia's stomach, so overwhelming that she felt almost nauseous.

"What about the other students on the list. Just ask them." He said, obviously irritated but her smile remained unchanged,

"Well Mr. Howards insisted on me asking his star student first before moving onto any others. What do you say?"
If it were possible her devilish smile seemed to widen even more.

Hunter sighed, and Mia began to feel a flutter of panic in her stomach, she was not letting her have him. Not this time.

In a moment of instinct Mia's hand reached out under the lunch table and landed on Hunter's left upper thigh. He immediately jerked in surprise causing Ryan to yelp in pain,
"Bro What the fuck? Are you trying to break my leg?" He growled, reaching down to rub his sore shin.

"Sorry, muscle spasm," Hunter said through gritted teeth. Mia swallowed her smile, and instead slowly started to move her hand up his thigh.

"U-uh I guess I could-uh," he struggled to deliver his sentence just as the tips of her fingers grazed his crotch. She felt her hand come into contact with his semi-hard dick, but the moment she reached jackpot his thighs squeezed together.
"No," he said a little louder than necessary, then cleared his throat quickly as the rest of the table gave him weird looks,

"I mean no, I can't. Uh sorry." He ended lamely.
Andrea's smile dropped off her face,
"Oh. I guess I'll start going through that list again." She said tightly, and Hunter simply hummed in response.

Suddenly feeling a little embarrassed standing there after being rejected in front of their whole friend group, she spun on her heels and strutted away to the other side of the cafeteria where she sat with some of the volley ball girls.

"Well that was awkward." Minnie grimaced and the boys muttered their agreements. Mia, feeling strangely accomplished, smoothly slipped her hand out from between his thighs and picked up her sandwich, taking a large bite of her sandwich for good measure.

Hunter hadn't moved much since Andrea left, as the rest of the table finished their lunches.

The others took no notice of his lack of movement whilst Mia continued to bite into her sandwich just to conceal her naughty smile.

Minnie glanced down at her golden watch,
"Oh shit I have a meeting with the guidance counselor in five. Sorry you two I'll be abandoning our free period trio for the day it seems." She reached for her tote which was exactly like Mia's but pink rather than lilac.

"We'll be fine," Hunter replied, meeting Mia's gaze head on as she looked at him. She saw a spark of something in his eyes that she had recently become very accustomed to and it made her heart pound in a strange yearning anticipation.

"Yeah yeah I know you won't even realize I'm gone," she rolled her eyes and chuckled, blowing an air kiss at the group then fluttering off to the admin block.

The bell rang soon after and they all stood up slowly, as Mac and Ry bent to gather their stuff Hunter took the chance to lean over to Mia,

"If you think I'm going to let you get away with that then you're poorly mistaken Amelia." He whispered huskily into her ear, his words sending chills down her spine and making her pussy clench. She squeezed her thighs together to dull the ache between them as he stood with his bag over his shoulder.

Mac, who was already turning to go with Ryan by his side threw over his shoulder,
"Enjoy your free period kids."

And Mia had to bite her lip to keep herself from smiling.