| 25: Denouement |

We should be back......

That King should be behind us now. Everything should be back to where it was originally. As if nothing happened. Before that King showed up and......well.....

You're back. I'm afraid I can't do anything else. You just got to make things right this time, ok? Give yourself the happy ending you deserve. Now go. And goodluck.

You fall to your knees in the long corridor. Y-you're back. The light shining through the windows make a dark shadow form over Technoblade's face. He slowly walks up to you, sword in hand.

Wait, this is the part where- Skeppy!

"It's here in which it ends. It's here, in which everything you've done up to this moment, becomes worthless", Techno says.

He raises his sword, high in the air. This is it. Skeppy's about to jump in the way...and...d-die....

"NO!", you hear Skeppy shout.

Oh no. You turn around, and see him running up to you and Techno. He wields his iron sword in anger.

"SKEPPY! STOP! DON'T!", you scream.

You weakly try to get up. Techno's about to strike his sword down at you. Skeppy's about to jump in the way. You stand up straight, and jump towards Skeppy, surprising him.

*WOOSH!*

*Thud!*

You knocked Skeppy onto the ground, whilst Techno tried to swing at you. It doesn't take long for Techno to realize what could've happened.

"I don't see you as anything but a pawn in their schemes. I wouldn't have hesitated to strike you down", he says to Skeppy.

You-you did it. Skeppy's alive. You desperately look around and try to find your diamond sword.

"Y/n, what was that for? I was about to hit him!", Skeppy complains.

I don't think you should tell Skeppy about what you did, or why you did it. Despite your wounds, you find your diamond sword on the ground, and grab it. For some reason, Techno allows you to do so.

"A wise man once said, if you know yourself and your enemy, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles", Technoblade says.

He walks towards the shrine. The great statue of the King.

"I know how both of you act. And who you are. And this is not our first battle", he continues.

"Therefore the results, should be already known"

You and Skeppy stand strong together. You have a good chance at winning this. And making things right, this time.

"That's a lie Techno! You don't know who I am...", Skeppy shouts, in an attempt to sound intimidating.

"After all of those years together? Come on now...", Techno says coldly.

"You don't understand why I'm doing this. You don't see it as right...but I do.." Skeppy says.

"Seeing your reasoning as right or wrong matters not in the case of knowing who you are. And I do understand why you're doing this. You see them as a friend. You see them as a kind person. But they're a person who hasn't shown their true colors...", Techno responds.

"Y/n has the ability to strike me down. And they know that. Letting you on their side was only an attempt to weaken me..."

H-he's right. You do have the ability to strike him down. You just didn't like the results.