Chasing the Prince

The comforted weight of a sniper sat snuggly in Lance's arms, bringing it up to his face as he perched high above the lower levels of the Galra base. His ammo loaded and his vision clear, he smirked in anticipation and pride for himself as he lived out his hawk-eye sniper dream.

"Alright team, I've got eyes on the targets. I'll cover you from up here." his finger brushed against the trigger, ready to shoot before Keith suddenly stormed into his scope, taking down a sentry he was ready to shoot. "Hey Keith, I had that guy!"

He watched with a moping pout as the sword wielding Paladin expertly dashed around the gunfire of his opponents, using his body much like an assassin getting the upper edge as he jumped off walls to slice down on an enemy and tumbling over their backs to get clean stabs into the back. Whenever he fought, it was like an action samurai movie come to life. As much as Lance wanted to watch, he aimed over at sentries on higher vantage points trying to pin down the Paladins, taking them out one by one.

"They're still coming!" Hunk called out to their sharpshooter, as he held his ground near a door where more soldiers kept pouring in. With quick thinking, Lance shot at the control panel over on the wall, causing the door to collapse and shut off exterior reinforcements. With Hunk flashing a thumbs up in joy to boost his ego, he then aimed over at Ashra to see how she was faring, as the girl was surrounded, yet there was something peculiar about the way she chose to fight.

"C'mon, Ashra, why don't you transform your freaky arm?" he asked, genuinely a little worried about her actions, but all he received was a scoff over the radio.

"That would just make things way too easy. I have a toy that I wanna play with instead." she replied with a snarky grin, as she held her Bayard and transformed it into her claw gauntlet form. As the sentries around her shot at her, one sharp jerk of her head got her whole body zipping around on all fours like a wolf, dodging their blasts only to bring some of the gunfire around to the other sentries as she prowled around them. She latched onto the walls with her claws, climbing rapidly before jumping down to pierce her Bayard straight down into a sentry, yanking its rifle out of its grip and throwing a few shots at the remaining few to throw off their balance and aim. As she ran towards them, she finally chucked the gun and knocked their heads, leaving them open for the final slashes of her claw, now having wiped out the ring of opponents that were around her.

"...Well, that was awesome!" she heard Lance praise.

With enough of their numbers shaved away, Pidge was able to come into the scene and make her way to the large console at the front of the room, with the other Paladins gathering up around her and protecting her from the remaining sentries. Hunk carried the offensive and used his canon to mow down as much as he can while the others used their shields to protect everyone.

"Pidge, could you maybe hurry it up a little!?" the Yellow Paladin pleaded in panic.

"Almost...There!" she cheered once the console's display confirmed the deactivation of the main power. The large power generator before them soon shut down and the subsequent sentries that were linked to this power source died down and dropped like flies on their own. "Well, that's the last outpost in this quadrant."

"Call the Blade of Marmora. Let them know this base is cleared." Keith instructed with a heavy sigh of relief. He was glad that things were going smoothly for them, so that at least a certain someone could rest easy.

"I don't know...the last thing I remember was Zarkon trying to overtake the Black Lion. It told me to use my Bayard. Then, nothing...I woke up, and I was back on a Galra ship." the rugged and dishevelled Shiro would explain, still a little disoriented that he was sitting in his bed after so long scavenging through cold winds and desolate caves.