Chapter 14: On Tour With The Boys - Part 1: In Wales

Narrator’s POV:

Next morning, it was time to head to the first stop: Cardiff in Wales. Everyone got in the same tourbus, it would take 3 hours to get there from London. It was 7am. Zayn and Rachel were asleep, although it was really loud in the bus, cuddling together and Rachel’s head resting against Zayn’s shoulder. They spent the journey sleeping, while everyone else was laughing, chatting and listening to music.

When everyone arrived in Cardiff, everyone had to head straight to the stadium. There were already tons of fans sitting outside, waiting for the boys. When they saw the tour busses, one with the boys and girls, and other ones with their staff came, everyone came running towards the busses. The security quickly closed the door to the private part. 11am there was one rehearsal, around 2pm the early entrance, 3pm the sound check and 4pm the actual entry, and 6pm the 5SOS boys would start.

The bus parked and the fans were screaming at the fences. The first one to get out was Luke. Liam and Sophia got out of the bus, Liam held Sophias hand. Calum jumped outside next. Zayn and Rachel both came out of the bus yawning, Zayn had one arm on Rachel’s shoulder, and grinned like the king. Harry had one arm around Diana aswell, and used the other hand to wave to the screaming fans. Niall and Sina both came outside hand in hand, together with Stella and Michael, who were also hand in hand, Stella and Sina were screaming in each other’s ears to understand each other. Calum jumped out and ran around the fence, and then returned to get in, and Ashton and Nicki came out, his arm around her, and his other hand to gesture how loud they were. Then Louis and El came out, his arm around her pressing her close to him to protect her.

Louis' POV:

Eleanor and I were the last to get in the stadium. The boys and girls were all stretching, rubbing their ears because of the screams. All the technical things were done already, and the 5SOS boys started rehearsing. Ashton took his drumsticks and sat behind his drums, and Michael, Luke and Calum took their guitars. They started with their song 18, we were all jamming out, dancing like crazy on the side, Niall and Sina ran on stage, running around hand in hand, screaming, singing and dancing on there. We all were partying hard to Heartbreak girl, and Don't stop.

The next song they played was “Disconnected”. Luke started singing and the boys joined in. “I like the summer rain, I like the sounds you make, we put the world away, we get so disconnected...” I looked over to Mikey and Stella. Michael looked into her eyes while singing “You are my getaway, you are my favourite place, we took the world away, yeah we're so disconnected”

Michael's POV:

I looked into Stella's gorgeous blue eyes. She mouthed the song with me. Luke started singing again “Hands around my waist, you're counting up the hills across the sheets, and I'm a fallen star, a glimmer lightning up the crowded streets...” I was just playing the guitar and facing my beautiful girlfriend, she was dancing around a little bit, and grinning wide. After the song finished, I told her “I dedicate disconnected to you.”

We finished our rehearsal and changed the technical stuff like the instruments and microphones so that the One Direction boys could start rehearsing.

Sophia's POV:

The boys started with “Midnight Memories”. They were so good, I just love all of their voices, but of course especially Liam's. He looked at me all the time and smiled even when he was singing. When their song “Strong” started, he formed the words “I love you” with his lips while looking at me... I blushed slightly and whispered “I love you, too”.

Suddenly, after a few songs, Zayn came out to us people next to the crowd and held out his hand to Rachel. She took it giggling, and he let her out and they sat next to each other on the red stage bench thingy. Niall started playing the acoustic guitar.

Zayn's POV:

Niall was playing the first chords of Little Things. I sat down with Rachel. I held her hand and looked in her beautiful eyes. “You're hand fits in mine like it's made just for me, but bare this in mind it was meant to be. And you're the missing puzzlepiece, that is now in my life, 'cause you're perfect for me” I changed the lyrics and saw Rachel smiling, she got all blushy, and I kissed her cheek. Liam sang his part and I put an arm around Rachel. She rested her head on my shoulder. I sang the background voice and looked down to her  “I love you endlessly” Then Liam and me started singing the chorus. “I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth, but if I do, it's you, oh it's you they add up to, I'm in love with you and all these little things” We moved to the rhythm. The other boys sang their parts and we all harmonized together in the last part. I hugged Rachel and she closed her eyes. “I love you Rachel” I said and kissed her. Then I led her back to the others, and kissed her hand like a gentleman when I let go of it.

Diana's POV:

I sat around at the side of the long part of the stage, with Eleanor and Sina. We dangled our feet at the side and listened to the boys' rehearsal while we talked.

We were so deep in our conservation that I didn''t even really noticed that “You and I” started, until I could suddenly feel someone standing behind me. I turned around and saw Harry pointing to me and singing “You and I, we don't wanna be like them, we can make it till the end, nothing can come between you and I...”. He then took my hand with the hand that wasn't holding the microphone to pull me up and close to him and sang the rest of the chorus. Our eyes locked and I could feel my heart racing. When Zayn started to sing his part, Harry started dancing; not that slow kind of dancing, but that Harry Styles kind of dancing. I once again realized how much I loved him and couldn't help but have a huge smile all over my face. I joined him and we moved hand in hand to the rhythm of the song. We continued doing that for the whole song, even when Harry had to sing. When the song ended, Harry looked me deep into the eyes and said “I love you so much, my princess” and then leaned in for a long kiss. Louis came to us and shouted “Go and get a room after the rehearsal, but know I have to steal your prince for a few more songs because we've got a show today. I'm sorry, Diana”. He smirked and Harry gave me a last kiss on the cheek before going back to the main stage again.

Soon, the rehearsal was finished, and we all headed backstage, since the fans would come in around that time. We could hear the fans filling the stadium, and then the boys had their soundchecks. The fans who had early entry tickets were loud, and the fans outside were going crazy hearing the sound check and the hysterical screams from the fans inside.

When we looked outside a window to see the fans outside we saw the huge line. Thousands and thousands of girls were standing in that line for several hours. “Remember when we stood out there?” Rachel, Nicki, Sina, Stella and I smiled happily. “it was so surreal” I remembered. “now, look at us” Nicki laughed. “We stood in that line, knowing we would date the boys some day” Stella smirked. “And now we are” Sina smiled. We all stood there at the window for several minutes, taking a trip down memory lane.

The stadium was soon filled, and the 5SOS boys started. They were just great. Then One Direction performed. It was an incredible show, and after they finished we all went back into the tourbus.