Taken slowly

Washington's pov...

Things within the Blue Dawn have been calm north and south were suprisingly on good behavior well mostly north, south would occasionally complain. North and Jun, on the other hand, have a rather competitive with the game of who's best sniper, it amused south and myself it wasn't everyday that north was competitive.

York on the other hand was suprisingly reading my file of my spartan life, and well to say the least there was a mix of pity and awe, I honestly didn't need pity it wasn't all bad yeah I lost people I cared for but I had still had them with me always, I suppose that goodbye isn't forever.

In our downtime, admiral greyson has been talking with her superiors about the AWOL project. Thankfully, they agreed that any freelancers that cooperate with the UNSC are forgiven of their crimes. So York, North, and South were able to officially join noble team under my command.

And for that, I was glad, for now I had new orders from the admiral, and it was to locate the director of the program.

"Alright, noble, listen up," I said, as I walked into the debriefing room. "Thank you, noble leader." She said, the others gathered around and waited for Intel "so as I said, I spoke with ONI, and they did some digging. Apparently, the director wasn't the only one breaking laws." She said, I could see the other ex freelancers look confused."Noble four, noble five, what can you tell me about chancellor Hargrove?" The admiral asked.

"Not much. I'm afraid, from what me and my sister could gather, was that he threatened the director when the project collapsed," North said, "threatened how?" Greyson asked, "that he would report him, ya know expose him for his crimes, " South said, greyson looked at the files of the program she was in deep thought.

"I'll need time to think on this," she muttered. She straightened herself before dismissing us, I stayed behind so I could speak to her privately. "Is there something you need noble six?" she asked, "Yes, I was wondering what about chorus, if I remember correctly that both the rebellion and federation called for UNSC support, " I said.

"Well that's true but with the recent discovery of the program both ONI and UNSC have been arguing back and forth and unfortunately I dont have the man power to do both" she said, it was a problem that I knew.

"I think I know what to do but you may not like it" I said to her, the older woman sighed pinching the bridge of her nose "at this moment I'm open to suggestions David" she said, "well you could send the rest of noble team to chorus and dig around the planets history so they know what side to assist, and I go find the director " I said.

She looked up at me a little shocked "and why would I do that I might ask" she said, "because I have Epsilon " I replied, as the small hologram spartan appeared "Epsilon is the fragment of the alpha's memory and the alpha is the directors A.I copy" I added, the more I explained the more convinced she looked.

"Alright, I'll grant your request, but I want you to take the ODST named rookie with you. I suggest you read up on his file," she said, I nodded my thanks and left the room

When I told the rest of the noble team my plan, it was obviously met with complaints and disagreement, but I eventually made my point as to why I was going alone. "Jun, I'm putting you in charge, and I want you three to follow his orders," I said in my commandors tone. It made Jun shiver a little before they headed out.

I received the rookies file and was glad that he wouldn't slow me down I watched the rest of noble take off in a pelican take off, the black and grey ODST boarded our pelican as I sat at the helm.

Now the hunt was on.