Three

A/n I keep imagining Jennie and Rosé to have the hair colors they have in the ice cream M/V so I guess they do now 😳 Rosé has her purple hair and Jennie has her Blonde hair with Greenish Blackish Blueish highlights😼 But Rosés hair is blonde in the beginning until she dyes it purple.

"We should go somewhere." Jennie says, her head rested in Rosie's lap while she stared at the television, a cheap sitcom neither of them had heard of playing.

"We should." Rosie simply said. They sat still for a while before Jennie got up and thought for a moment.

"We should go to the parlor. Or to the movies. Or we could go to the mall. It depends on what you want to do."

Half of Rosie just wanted to sit with Jennie and watch the unfamiliar show, but half of her wanted to spend the day with her.

"We should go to the parlor."She decided.

Jennie nodded at this, getting up and grabbing her shoes so she could slip them over her feet.

Rose did the same and the two girls went on their way to go to the parlor.

They walked down the busy streets of Raglan, New Zealand.

The summer air nipped and their skin and you could smell the scent of the beach, which was not too far from them. The buildings in this part of town were beautifully constructed, bright colors and pretty structured designs scattering the grass beside the roads.

Normally, they would ride their bikes into town, which was something that a good bit of their town did. But Rosie had left her bike at her own house so Jennie silently decided that is was best if neither of them rode.

The two girls stepped into the parlor, cold air immediately hitting their faces. They sat down at a small table in the corner and each grabbed a menu that was already on the table for them.

They silently skimmed through their options, even though they both already knew what was on the menu.

A petite woman came to their table. "Can I take your order?"

They recited the things they wanted off the menu, Rosie getting a stawberry smoothie and two waffles with whipped cream and strawberries on top and Jennie getting pancakes with chocolate syrup and a vanilla milkshake.

The waitress nodded and headed back behind the counter, leaving the two girls alone.

Jennie scrunched up her nose.

"Why do you like strawberries so much?" she asked.

Rosie shrugged. " Because They're yummy."

Jennie nodded as if that was the only answer she needed.

"valid."She replied and They both giggled

***

When the waiter came around, he smiled flirtatiously at Jennie and slid a piece of paper to her. He was a different waiter than the one they had just a few minutes ago.

"Could I take you out sometime?" He asked.

Jennie politely slid the paper back to him and shook her head. "I have a boyfriend." She simply said.

The boy frowned, but turned to Rosie. "What about you? Could I take you on a date?"

Of course she was the second option. She was always the last option. Whether it be when they picked partners for science class or when her friends needed to pick someone to team up with while they played drinking games. That is when Jennie wasn't there, at least. Jennie always picked her.

"Uh, no I'm sorry." She said awkwardly.

"C'mon." He pleaded. "Are you taken?"

"No, but-"

"Then what's the big deal? Please?" He nagged, making Rosie extremely uncomfortable.

"No, I'm Sorry."

"Just once? Then you can decide if you like me or n-"

"She said no." Jennie said firmly. The latter rolled her eyes. "Jesus, is it that hard to see? She's uncomfortable. No means No." She muttered something under her breath while Rosie relaxed, thankful for Jennie's actions.

"Okay, Jeez." The boy slid the tray away and left them with their food.

"Boys can be so disrespectful sometimes." Jennie said, shaking her head and grabbing her knife and fork.

***

The rest of their time there, they laughed about things that happened at school and gossiped about the people there.

While they were walking down the street, Jennie grabbed Rosie's hand and intertwined it with her own.

This made Rose's heart skip a beat, but she wasn't entirely sure why.

"We should dye your hair." Jennie suggested.

"What? Are you serious?" Rosie questioned, fully expecting her friend to be joking, but Jennie just nodded.

"Yeah." She said. "black would suit you."

Rosie nodded. "Sure." She smiled, Jennie doing the same as they walked down the streets on their way back to the house.