Seven

Jennie found herself staring at the wonderous beauty of her friend Rosie.

She couldn't help but wonder how such a beautiful person was brought into the world and how anyone would be lucky to even know who she was.

A hand was being waved in front of her face. "Earth to Jennie?"

Jennie snapped out of whatever trance she was in, immediately wanting to go back.

She found Jack Thompson in front of her , snapping his fingers in her face.

"What?" She said, taking one last glance at Rosie and putting her almost full attention on Jack.

"What were you staring at?" He looks in the direction of her stare, only to be met with nothing. Well, nothing except for Rosie and the small white kitten she was petting.

"Do you want to pet the cat?"Jack asks. "I can get her from Rosie."

They were currently at Jack's house. They'd been here before, but they didn't come often.

"No, it's okay. I wasn't looking at the cat." She immediately regrets saying this, not wanting Jack to get the wrong idea. He's oblivious, though. As always.

He furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head. "Anyway, I was thinking we should go out for ice cream, everyone's agreed except for you."

Jennie shook her head. "You guys can just go."

She put her glance back on Rosie, then on Jack again who has his eyebrows raised. "Seriously if you wanna pet the cat-"

"Just go. It's fine." Jennie interrupted, a slight smile on her face.

Jack nodded. "Um, okay ? Come on guys let's go."

When Rosie saw that Jennie wasn't going, she decided to take a seat at the barstool next to her.

The other two, Holly and Jack, already left and didn't seem to notice her absence.

"You okay?" Rosie asks.

Jennie just nods, getting up from the barstool and trotted into Jack's bedroom.

"I just need some rest." She said and Rosie chuckled. "I told you to get some rest this morning, didn't I?"

Jennie smiles and closes Jack's bedroom door behind her.

She climbs up onto his bed and sighs deeply.

She begins to think.

What were these feelings? Why did she feel them only towards Rosie?Why did she hate it and like it at the same time?

Lately,  Jennie'd been paying less attention to her surroundings and more attention to Rosie. She lost attention quite easily when the latter was around and found it hard not to stare at the wonderous beauty in front of her.

She was still lost in her thoughts when a small knock came from the bedroom door.

"Yes?" Jennie called and the door opened a crack.

"Do you mind if I.. rest with you..?" Rosie asks shyly.

Jennie grins at her best friend and pats the bed space beside her, indicating for her to lay down.

"You okay?" Rosie asks.

Jennie nods. "Yeah. Everything just feels a bit.. different."

"How so?"

"Not sure. Like I'm going crazy almost. But not in a bad way. Like I have no self control, almost."  Jennie answeres honestly.

"Over what?" Rosie asks, intrigued. Though, she's intrigued by anything Jennie says.

Jennie just shrugs. She doesn't have the courage to tell Rosie That she's all she could think about for the past few days. That she couldn't stop staring at her all day and that evertime they're apart, all she can think about is the distance and how badly she wants to be with her all the time.

Jennie get out of bed, despite how badly she doesnt want to. Rosie follows her, thankfully and Jennie slides a disc into the stereo, letting the sound fill the room.

Yet another song by ToTo. Because that's both of their favorite music artist. One of the many things they have in common.

This time Africa plays. Rosie smiles at the song and at how Jennie begins to dance as usual.

She holds out her hand for Rosie to take and the latter does just that, allowing Jennie to spin her around.

She pulls Rosie into her and releases her, making her twirl. They keep dancing for a few more seconds until Jennie stops and plays an air guitar, softly, along with the music. This makes Rosie throw her head back in a laugh and the sound makes Jennie smile.

Rosie begins to bang her head to the tune of the music while Jennie is throwing her hands in the air and moves along with the music, jumping up and down lightly. As if they were at a ToTo concert right now.

"Jennie." Rosie pants, putting her hands on her knees while bending down. "You may be feeling a little crazy, but I am too."

Jennie smiles, pulling her best friends into a hug.

"You're the best, Rosie."