Chapter 6

Vincent walked out of the room and smiled to himself. He could not help but let out a low laugh at her surprised face. It was pretty obvious she hid her phone in the waistband of her jeans; the bulge was pretty prominent, even though she covered it with a jacket. Walking, he stopped at the head of the staircase and brought the hand he touched her stomach with up in-front of his face. He flexed his fingers by forming a fist and then loosening it. The tingles he felt when he touched her soft skin still lingered on his hand. The feeling was weird but very... addicting. He wanted to go back and touch her again, feel the same sensation he felt before. He was half ready to go back and be sinful but remembering what his agenda was, he shook his head and climbed down the stairs.

Stepping down on the last step, he heard clanking sounds from the dishes. He walked towards it only to find Victor standing in-front of an open cabinet and rummaging through it. There was a kettle on the burning stove and three plastic forks laying on the kitchen counter.

"What are you doing?" he asked, leaning against the door frame. Victor barely gave him a side glance.

"We bought instant ramen last week," he said, "A whole pack of it. I can't find it."

He shut the door and began looking in the other cabinets. Vincent silently stood there and stared at his friend. Victor, who was almost ready to tear the whole kitchen down, slammed the last door of the cabinet and looked back at Vincent.

"Where is it?" he asked in frustration. Vincent looked at him some more before answering.

"In the middle drawer, I think."

Victor shifted a bit and squat down to the middle drawer next to the very first cabinet he looked in. Sure indeed, there laid a whole batch of chicken flavoured cup noodles. He opened the seal and picked out three of cups, balancing them in one hand while sliding the drawer with the other so it was closed. He stood up and moved towards the stove and opened the lid of each ramen container and placed them on the counter next to the forks. Turning around he began talking to Vincent.

"So now what?" he asked.

Vincent shrugged, "I was planning to send a video message to the police but I think that can wait."

"Why do you say that?" Victor asked again.

"Cara..." Vincent began, "She doesn't seem to be quite..."

"Like the usual victims?" Victor completed to which he nodded.

"Yeah, that's what I figured as well when I showed her to her room," Victor said. Vincent looked at him quizzically.

"Instead of asking the typical questions, she only asked me for my name and to unhandcuff her," he explained. It was quiet for a while.

"She had this on her," Vincent showed him her phone that he held in his hand, "When I went to her room, she was looking out of the window. Her eyes were calm and calculated as if she was plotting not only her escape but something else as well."

"Come to think of it the detective didn't intervene when we took her," Victor pointed out, "I mean if she had sent that letter then she must've been around, right? Why didn't she come when she had a perfect chance?"

Vincent's eyebrows furrowed, "What are you trying to say, Vic?"

Victor cleared his throat, "Don't you think that's odd? She said she had an idea who we plan to take. I have a feeling that Cara–"

Sound of footsteps were heard which halted the conversation between the two friends. Vincent pocketed Cara's phone and peeked his head out of the kitchen to see Cara descending down the stairs. He looked back at Victor and shook his head calmly, dismissing his suspicion. Cara entered the kitchen and looked around before meeting her gaze with Vincent. She rolled her eyes at him and directed her eyes towards Victor.