Chapter 19

Taking the initiative, Alexis took a huge step with a smile on her face and speedily ran towards Vincent. Using the scythe in her hand, she tried to whack him on the face, still with a smirk on her face. Already predicting it, Vincent stopped it with a strong grip of his hand. He held it tight from the head and tried to pull it out of Alexis's hand. Alexis pulled back.

"I thought you said no weapons," Vincent said, raising his eyebrow at her.

"Please," Alexis rolled her eyes, "This could hardly be considered as a weapon."

Since no-one let go of the plastic scythe, Vincent forcefully bent it towards the ground, breaking it in half. Not waiting for anything else, Vincent swiftly moved the scythe and brought the plastic blade to her side. Alexis easily dodged it by stepping away but Vincent did not stop there. He continued slicing through the air in hopes to cause her harm – not that a plastic toy could ever do that. Alexis dodged him once, twice, thrice but then she blocked it by bringing the other half of the scythe she had in her hand. She placed it where the head and the upper body of the scythe met and rotated her arm fast. Like an expert swordsman, Alexis continued twisting and quite soon it dropped from Vincent's hand and fell far away from where they stood. Alexis threw hers away as well.

"Nice," Vincent complimented while clapping. Alexis did not look smug, though. They stared intently into each other's eyes, icy blue to honey brown, not once looking away from each other. A creepy smile flashed across Vincent's face and he slowly stepped forward.

"Do you really want your face to be black and blue again?" he asked, mockingly as he continued to slowly walk towards her, "We both know how hard and long it takes for a bruise to fade away."

Alexis did not even bat her eyes as she stood firmly on the ground, her posture relaxed but she was on guard for sure. "I could say the same to you. Remember your nose?"

A sound of a sudden whoosh reached Alexis's ear and with quick reflexes she leaned to the side and brought her left arm up to block his leg. Vincent did not waste a second and swiftly began throwing punches at her. Alexis easily dodged them all – either he was slow or she became faster since the last time she fought an opponent. She dodged side to side with every punch he threw; she stopped every alternate kick with her arms and every knee with her palms. This continued on for good minutes before Vincent stopped and took a step back.

"You said you would fight, kitten," he started smirking," But all you're doing is dodge. Last time I check that wasn't fighting."

"Could be," she answered, cocking her head to the side, "Or maybe I'm just buying time, waiting for you to be worn out before the final strike."

"We could do this all night, kitten," he said shrugging, "I didn't even break a sweat."

"Neither did I."

"So does that mean we're actually going to spar now?"

"If that's what you want."

Alexis ran towards him. On the last step, she pushed herself off the ground and aimed the kick to his face. Vincent dodged it in the last second. Alexis did not stop there, she whirled around and every time she faced him she would try to kick him.

Once. Twice. Thrice. It was a surprise Alexis did not feel dizzy. The next time she tried to kick him; Vincent grabbed a hold of her foot in a harsh grip. Surprised, Alexis balanced herself on one foot before lifting it and finally kicking Vincent in the face. Startled, Vincent let go of her foot as Alexis performed a back flip before standing on her two feet again. Vincent had his hand covering his nose. He removed it while glaring daggers at her. His hand and nose were bloody.