Chapter 16

Victor groaned and slowly opened his eyes. He was laying on something soft; a sofa. His jaw throbbed as he tried to remember what happened. He let out a groan when he finally did; Cara knocked him out with a bottle, a frozen water bottle that he kept in the freezer for her. He should have known that she was asking him to store her weapons. Come to think of it, he had never seen her drink from those bottles, although, she did give an illusion of it by holding it in her hands occasionally.

He tried to sit up on the sofa and succeeded in two tries. He was holding and rubbing his jaw when Vincent came out of the kitchen with a pack of frozen peas.

"She got you good," he chuckled, throwing the peas at him. The pack landed on his lap. He picked it up and placed it where he was hit and let out a soft moan. Sure enough, that was going to leave a bruise.

"How long was I out?" Victor asked.

"Ten more minutes after I got here," he said before turning serious, "How did she run away?"

Victor narrated the whole incident to him including the part about him calling Vincent but he never picked up.

"I had my hands full. I saw her get into your car and leave," Vincent said.

"You did not follow?" Victor asked, shifting the ice pack in his other hand.

"Punctured the front tyre," he said, "You did bring my bike here before we kidnapped her, right?"

"Ahan," he answered.

"I'm going to follow her," Vincent said with a stoned face, "She couldn't have gone far. It's an hour and a half ride back into the town."

Victor nodded, "You need to hurry then. The highway isn't busy usually at night and considering it's Halloween, it'll be vacant now. I'll quickly change the tyre and catch up with you."

"This time I'm putting her in shackles," he said, "Get all the stuff in the car as well. The minute I catch her, we're leaving."

Victor nodded in reply and removed the frozen peas from his face. Vincent quickly made his way up and into his room. Stopping before his bed, he kneeled down and pulled the covers of the bed up. Dragging out the silver suitcase from underneath, he dropped it on the bed and undid its lock. The case revealed to be filled with different types of guns. He picked up a few, tucking one in the back of the waist of his jeans and one in the inner side of his black leather jacket. He strapped one gun on side of his left leg just above where his boots ended and covered it with his jeans. He flicked opened a small pocket in the case and pulled out extra two to three small ammo cases filled with bullets and stored them in his jeans pockets. He also picked out two sheathed knives and strapped their cases on each of his wrist, covering it with his jacket sleeves.

It may have looked stupid for him to carry these many weapons just to re-kidnap a girl but he knew she must have contacted the police by now somehow. Ready, he came out of the room and climbed down the stairs just in time to see Victor entering the cabin.

"Got her things in the trunk as well," He informed his friend. Vincent nodded before side-stepping him and making his way out. Victor's eyes suddenly widened when he realised something; the most important and crucial information he found out before Cara knocked him out. He wondered how Vincent would take this news. He called out to Vincent, his back facing him. Vincent stopped and turned around.

"You need to be careful around Cara." He warned, wincing a bit when his jaw throbbed, "She's not who you think she is."

"Thanks but I'm all prepared," Vincent said, patting his jacket where he hid his gun, "I know she'll contact the police. I have all the weapons I need but make sure you catch up. I might need some help."