34. it suits you

"Lee, get off me."

I laughed as Lee paid no mind to Noah, sitting in his lap while he smeared burn on a piece of corn. Noah groaned, reaching around him and grabbing a bread roll for himself, letting his forehead fall to Lee back.

"Are you ready for Egypt?" I bumped my shoulder. Ron was picking some chicken off his plate.

"Yeah, I'm going to miss you though," Ron looked to me, his mouth moving to each side as he thought it over.

"I'll miss you more (Y/N)," Fred yelled over the table with a little smile, throwing Godric knows what into his mouth.

"No I'll miss (Y/N) more," George looked at Fred with drawn eyebrows.

"Make room boys, I think I'll be missing (Y/N) most," Hannah pushed the twins shoulder as shimmied in-between.

"I'm so sorry Queen Saint," both twins gave joking bows, Hannah giving to waves and grabbing a grape from George's plate.

"(Y/N)."

I turned to smile at Dean, his finger pointing at the door of the Great Hall. Sure enough, Hermione stood with a bright smile, I hit Ron shoulder a few times before standing up.

"Hermione!"

She took off into a run, her hair flying behind her as she came running at me. I saw Hannah jump over the table out of the corner of my eye, her smile bright as she saw Hermione running to us.

As soon as she was close enough I felt my arms enclose around her, Hannah arm coming around the both of us. I smiled, the smell of books and vanilla was comforting after it being gone for so long.

"I've missed you both so much."

"We've missed you more," Hannah muttered into her hair. We all slowly let go of one another, eye watering as we looked between each other. Hermione held up her wrist, the entire bracelet still tightly in place as it was the day we put them on.

I smiled, holding my own wrist up with a teary eye smile. Hannah followed the action, smiling between us before Harry stood beside me, arm open as Hermione fell into them.

Her hug was cut off, turning to see Ron stand awkwardly behind Harry as he waited, Hermione smiled, her arms opening for a hug when Ron stuck his hand out. Both switched, doing the opposite of before, Ron finally giving her a quick handshake before sitting down.

Hannah and I looked to each other knowingly before we both looked to the twins who raised their eyebrows at us and started laughing. Hannah and I followed closely behind Hermione turned to us with a death glare, both of us hushing up at looking to the ceiling.

A loud cough echoed throughout the Great Hall, everyone turning to see Hagrid standing at the door with an awkward side step. We slowly made our way down the center of the table, walking right to where we all stood.

Harry stepped out before us, Hagrid stopping to stand right in front of him and looking down at the younger boy.

"Welcome back Hagrid," Harry threw his arms around the leg of the giant. Hagrid gently patted the boys back, looking to the rest of us with teary eyes as well.

"It wasn't Hogwarts without you," Hannah smiled at the giant, giving him a thumbs up as he returned.

"To Hagrid," Sage stood at the Hufflepuff table, holding a glass in the air with a bright smile to Hagrid.

The Great Hall screamed, at least 1 person from each house cheering for the giant return. I looked to Oden, him laughing along with Malfoy about Godric knows what. I let my head bow, slowly taking a seat back at the large table.

The room around me was cheering, Dumbledore even started talking but I zoned out. I couldn't help but think of how I had more questions than last year.

I let my fork run around my plate, my brain broken as I heard cheering again but couldn't focus on what was happening around me.

Then I felt a small piece of paper collide, the parchment sitting next to me as I watched it closely. I looked at each face, Harry eyes pointing to the parchment with a smile.

I picked it up, slowly opening the parchment to see a small note inked into the yellow tinted parchment.

smile, it suits you :)

My mind floated back to the day I met everyone, the simple "the scar suits you" that fell past my lips felt like forever ago, but I was only a year older and not much wiser. I turned to Harry, giving a bright smile, which made him laugh and look back to his food.

I nodded to the paper, stuffing it in my paper for when I needed it most.

Which came faster than I wanted to say.

end of second year